Hi, folks. I am 54 years old and my doctors suspect I have osteoporosis. I would like to find out something more about this. What do you think the best drug is for this disease? I would like to prevent possible fractures that are common for patients like this. Thank you for answering.

Hi, there. Osteoporosis is indeed a disease that affects women when they enter menopause. I think that biphosphonates are important in this disease’s treatment. They inhibit the bones to break. They even increase the bone density in hips and spine preventing the possible breakdowns. Some of the drugs are: ibandronate (Boniva), alendronate (Fosamax), risedronate (Actonel) and others. Hormonal therapy can also help. However, I don’t recommend you taking these drugs on your own. Consult a doctor for more info. Bye!

Hi, there. Thank you for answering to my post. I will definitely visit a rheumatologist. I wouldn’t like to find myself lying in the hospital because of the broken hip. If I understand well, this is common for older women. I hope you understand me. Thank you again for everything. Bye!