Hi, after I had my arm broken 6 months ago, my doc had me do bone density tests as well since I’m 54 and past the menopause. The tests showed the hand was affected with osteoporosis, as well is my femur. So far I’m still weighing pros and cons of taking Reclast infusion and trying to see if I could at least keep things as they are with the help of supplements. I’m already taking vitamin D and strontium, but I came across complete mess when trying to decide which natural calcium supplement to buy. New Chapter's Bone Strength and Algaecal seem to be the same thing, basically, but then I came across some reviews that say New Chapter's supplement isn’t using the same calcium source anymore. If anyone has used Algaecal, could you tell me if it helped at all?

Hello, Guest.  I see that you have some concerns about taking a Reclast infusion, and you are considering an alternate solution to treating your osteoporosis with supplements.  Using the supplements to cure your osteoporosis is not a viable solution.  Supplements are better when used to prevent osteoporosis, but not to help reverse the condition.  Reclast infusions work differently than calcium supplementation by binding to the bone to prevent loss of calcium.  It prevents osteoclasts from breaking down the bone that causes the osteoporosis. Your doctor may still prescribe calcium supplements as part of the therapy.  

Has anyone else been on Reclast therapy and would like to share your story?

Hi, I am not an expert in this field, but I’d done a lot of research for my grandmother who was suffering from osteoporosis for a long time. I came across this site: http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=22080&name=RECLAST and I read so many side effects and complains from people who took Reclast for a long period of time. I was very afraid to recommend drugs to my grandmother, rather I asked her to take a good calcium supplement. And I found out about AlgaeCal and my grandmother has been taking AlgaeCal for 6 months. She said she feel much better now . There are also many testimonials on their site http://www.algaecal.com/algaecal-testimonials/, you can take a look at them.