I have had problems with nodules on my thyroid for the past 3 years as well as low bone density. My Endocrinologist has been treating me for both with synthroid as well as Fosomax. The nodules have grown and the bone density has decreased. I have begun taking a daily injection of Forteo for my bone loss. After a year, I have noticed that my thyroid has gotten bigger and can visibly see a lump in my neck. The fine needle biopsey done and the CT scan say that it is non cancerious but due to the lump in my neck my doctor has suggested surgery to remove part of my thyroid. Is it possible that the Forteo has caused my thryoid to become enlarged? Is there a relation between bone loss and thyroid problems?

Hi my husband is going for a scan on monday, as his throid is enlarged and painful, he cant wear a tie or shirt that will touch his neck and he has lost weight. we will wait and see and i will let you know what happens

Whatever came about?? I realize this post was on 12/06. Today is January 13, 2008