Hi, I am not allowed to drink milk, yoghurt and similar products, because it causes me stomach troubles. Beside that, I have always been thin and had a lack of estrogen. A doctor told me that I am in risk of getting bone disorders, like osteoporosis. Can anyone tell me something about this condition?

Hi, I suffer from osteoporosis. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile because of the lack of calcium and other minerals. A doctor told you that you’re in risk because you’re not allowed to drink milk, which is the main source of calcium. And as you probably know, calcium is most important for the health of the bones. The other thing is that you have a lack of estrogen, which is often causing the bone weakness and osteoporosis. Last winter, it was ice all over the streets. I fell down, and broke my leg and arm. The fall was not serious, the other people wouldn’t have any consequences, but for my bones, it was a disaster.