Couldn't find what you looking for?



For the past six months I was going from one doctor to another, had more tests done than I can even count now. I’ve been diagnosed with lactose and gluten intolerance, severe vitamin D deficiency and in the end when I had bone density test done, they finally diagnosed me with osteoporosis. All I knew about the condition is that usually affects women after menopause, but I’m a male, 42 years old. I am currently taking 50,000 IU of vitamin D weekly, but that alone won’t be enough according to my doctor. He is recommending me to go for either reclast infusion or forteo shots and to be honest with you, I’m pretty scared to opt for either of those because they can cause irreversible kidney and retina damage. My vitamin D levels are still low and I need to get them higher first, but it would mean a lot if anybody could tell me their experience with either of these osteoporosis treatments,




Hello Rick,

I'm not a bone specialist but I am a Ph.D. in neuroscience and biology.  My area of research is in brain transplantaion.  Now, from what your're telling me you diagnosis is not clear and I would suggest you try to find a doctor that is well experienced with all these mattters.  I can't tell you where to find that but you might try contacting the FDA.  They have lists of doctors and their backgrounds that might lead you to where you need to go.  Now, at the moment that may not be where you live.  You can at least initially commicate with professionals by way of the Internet. One particular doctor may not be able to help or help you fully but that person may know of someone who can.