Hi, I suffer from severe osteoporosis, and I broke already three bones. I am afraid what could happen in the future if my condition keeps getting worse. Is there anyone coping with the same problem as me?

Hi, I am in my late 50’s. My menopause will soon be over, and I’m afraid of getting osteoporosis. I watched my mother suffer for many years, and I am afraid that will happen to me too. She had severe osteoporosis, and her bones were so fragile, the slightest pressure could break them. She had several fractures because of that. Osteoporosis is caused by reducing estrogen in the body, which happens at this age, and by loosing calcium and the other minerals. I already started taking hormonal pills to prevent losing the bone mass. I will also buy vitamin D and calcium, and start with mild exercises.

I'm 21. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis when I was 18. My bone density is a -8.3. Since I was 12, I have broken 16 bones. I can't even begin to tell you how important it is that you seek treatment and start it ASAP. Of course the problem will only get worse if you don't treat it. Please find a good doctor-3 bones broken is horrible-but trust me, you don't want to break your hip later on.

I just was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. I broke two bones and my doctor wants to put me on forte. Is there an alternative to this medicine