Please tell me how is amylin related with osteoporosis? I am 54 years old woman, who suffers from diabetes and osteoporosis, I am more than a year now on treatment with medication for osteoporosis, and I am handling with diabetes pretty good for years. I broke my feet 16 months ago, because my bones were too weak.

I can only tell you about researches I read about. The researchers found that mice who lack amylin have less bone mass than those who produce the hormone, and the hormone, amylin, is secreted by the same cells that produce insulin in the pancreas, and whose failure leads to diabetes, as may already know. Eleanor Kennedy, research director for Diabetes UK said: "The work was done in mice and there is still little definitive evidence to suggest that people with type- one- diabetes suffer from lower bone density due to a lack of amylin." So there is no any certain information about the relation, but I hope this help you a little bit.