I have always suffered with an extremely painful period. Usually I have to take bed rest for the first day, sometimes the second as well. For the past 6 months though I have also been getting severe pain in my entire stomach, it feels like nothing I have experienced before. This has been lasting for four or five days. About two days before my period I need to pee all the time. When my period starts I get a foul smell (down there). I don't have any discharge or smell at any other time. I was also getting a really sore vagina (inside) so I started using cotton tampons which has helped that out. I have had a pap smear, two internal exams and three courses of antibiotics. My Dr. doesn't know what's wrong and because it only happens when I have my period she doesn't seems very concerned about it. Does anyone know what this might be or has anyone suffered with similar complaints?
Thanks :-)

im 17 years old, and i honestly have had something like that myself, i get veryyyyyyy and i mean veryyyyy painful periods, (to the point that i cant even walk) i asked my doctor what was wrong, he told me that i had a condition called Dysmenorrhea. its a condition in which women have very painful periods... its due to hormonal inbalance. there is primary Dysmenorrhea or secondary... usually secondary is more severe due to diseases and such... a simple MRI can be taken and they can tell yuh what might be the issue... my doctor gave me birth control pills to control my hormones... usually the hormone prostoglandis (sorry if i mispelled it) is what makes the uterus contract... thats where the pain comes in... i simply take Midol or Pamprin 2-3 days before my period is due... and that way it eases the pain a bit... or yuh can try talking vitamin B or Zinc and it might also help...

Hope i helped a bit... =]]

Oh cool, thanks for all of that info! I'll talk to my doctor about getting an MRI :-D