Hi everyone, this is really embarrassing for me... I started my period 2 months ago and they had been really irregular, I had 4 in that time. However when I have my periods there is a really big problems with my bladder, it feels sort of leaky. No matter how many times I go to the toilet I would still want to go and even If I was able to pee it would be in tiny amounts. This is really embarrassing because my bladder tends to empty itself at the most horrible moments especially during PE when we have to bend down and other stuff. I have taken to stuffing large amounts of toilet paper down there but it is especially uncomfortable when my hair goes all hard and slimy. Also at night I wake up dreaming that I had to go to the toilet horribly only to wake up to a damp bed. The blood is really little so that's not a problem. I would ask for pads but I would like to keep it to myself for the moments because I live with my dad and he is sort of busy. Please help me everyone. Thanks!!!

Hi! If l you are talking about your very first period there's no need to be concerned about the irregularity. That's the typical first period you've described, I remember it very well. In my case, the first year my period was quite irregular. It can take up to two years from your first period to start having a predictable cycle. The older you are when you get your first period, the longer it can take to have a regular cycle. Your stress level, changing exercise patterns, or eating habits can also influence how regular your periods are. It's very normal, especially at first, to have periods that don't come regularly. For most girls, they'll eventually settle down into a regular cycle. Having your first period is a special confirmation that your female organs and hormones are working right. It is a private thing, too. Some girls tell an older sister or mother or best friend. I find that I urinate a lot more when I have my period, I'm not sure why though. Many women experience menstrual pain, especially when they are in the their teens. Symptoms and degree of pain vary, but may include the following: abdominal cramping or dull ache that moves to lower back and legs, aeavy menstrual flow, headache, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, frequent urination, vomiting. So I guess, the frequent urination during your period would be normal.

Thanks for your help I'm so relieved it's normal. The problem is very irritating and embarrassing though so I am thinking of getting some pads or tampons as I am going to swim school next week!! Can you advice ne on Whig brand u feel comfortable with . Thank u very much!!

You're welcome! :-D Yes, the tampons are the best for swimming pools. Unfortunately I have no neon Whig brands to recommend you. All the best!

Ohh ok then I will just get some from my friends and hope I don't pollute the pool too much . :-) haha thanks