Hi. I had an abortion in September and everything seemed normal, or as expected. Then the next month my period was regular. But come decenber I had extreme excessive bleeding. I had blood clots ranging from tiny to 2tablespoons in size. I was out that day and i had severe pain and felt bleeding so my boyfriend took me home. By the time we had gotten home I had soaked my jeans at the back past my knees. I waited with maxi pads and the next day it was normal. I assumed it was just leftovers from the abortion, until this month when the same thing happened and I read about it online. I am going to see a doctor but in the mean time whats going on?

2 months after your abortion would not be post abortion hemmorhaging.

Post abortion hemmorhage happens within the WEEKS after an abortion.

Many women have very heavy periods when not on birth control of some sort.

I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and it was dying down to a light brown discharge until a couple days ago when I started soaking through tampons and pads at an alarming rate, then last night I was sitting watching TV when out of nowhere I felt blood gushing out of me (I had a relatively new pad in) and by the time I'd rushed to the toilet I'd already soaked through the entire pad, my underwear, and my jeans. Ever since then I've been bleeding nonstop, passing chunks of blood every 15 minutes to a couple hours, but many many times already, and I've had to stay lying down for the most part since I've already blacked out 3 times just from standing and walking a little. Is this post abortion hemmorhaging?