My mother told me even if period is regular, a 21 day cycle can be normal. My problem is that lately I have noticed my periods are more frequent. With this I mean that is become shorter over this time. I believe it is worth to check it out. I would like to know before I visit gynecologist, why frequent periods occur?

I have the same problem, but mine periods occur every 15 to 17 days. They seem like normal periods, as far as duration and amount discharged. I was talking to my doctor a lot about this subject, so I could tell you some important info. First of all, if there is really need to check frequency of your periods, I could recommend you to do some blood tests. Frequent, light and irregular periods can be resulted by low levels of either estrogen or progesterone. Although long cycles are more common, frequent periods are sometimes sign of menopause. Overactive thyroid gland can also make periods occur more often. I have heard for some cases with frequent periods which can occur every two weeks. Usually it has been reported with cramping in between. As you see, there are really plenty of different reasons for frequent periods and for sure you should check it with your gynecologist.

I too am having the same problem. I am 31 and they just stared in August 16- 19 again on the 29-31sh and Sept 12- My breasts have been tender too. I don't know what it could possibly be.

I have been having irregular periods all my life.
I passed out from the 2nd one I ever had, loss of blood.
I have such major clots that the doc's alway ask if I have kids or have had a miscarriage....I've had neither.
They say I don't have endromeatriosis, or anything wrong, just the fact that I'm very active.
I have gone anywhere from 1 month to 13 without a cycle & pass out at least once a year from the pain & blood lose.
But hey, there's nothing wrong with me....ha!
I have been having my cycle normally, bout 1 per month for 2 years now...till recently:
I changed docs last year, & they put me on a different pill....I had 15 periods in 2.5 months! They lasted anywhere from 3-7 days.
Then I've recently moved & had to change docs again, & they put me on a different pill...I've been on it for 9 weeks now & I've just started my 6th period since starting them. I've also noticed that I've been a lot more moody, bitchy, & depressed during my cycle.
Please for the love of all that is good & pure....HELP!

I used to get 2 or 3 periods a month even on the pill, i went on the IUD and straight away they went to a normal cycle. Its now 2 and a half years later and they,ve just started goin crazy again, heavy, lots of pain, tender breasts, etc. I've had all the tests and they found nothing. I get moody, tired and generally down. All i want is one period a month.

Hi, I'm 18, and for the past 3 months or so, I've been getting my periods every 18 days.
Before that, they were much further apart, and I only got them once a month instead of twice.
I visited a gyn today and she said that I may have PCOS.
However, upon researching the syndrome, I found that this usually occurs in overweight people who may have acne and extra facial and body hair.
I have no acne, I'm closer to underweight, and don't have excess body hair.
Another symptom of PCOS was LESS frequent periods.

I had a bloody test, and my iron level are fine, and an ultrasound was all clear.
But still, the gyn insisted I take tests for the diagnosis of PCOS...
I'm freaking out. Does anyone know what could be causes my frequent menstrual cycle?

any input would help
thanks

I have no acne, I'm underweight, and don't have excess body hair.

any input would help
thanks

My 12 year old who became a woman at age 10 has had her periods every other month until this year. Now she is having 2 a month what is going on?

Hi there,

I'm 25yrs old.For the first time I'd 2-3 periods in a month.
What should I do?Is it b'coz of birth control pills.
Can any1 answer this for me.

I have three wonderful children. as soon my youngest was born, i had tube tried. and 8 weeks later i had surgrey on herina three big surgrey and got sac infection. about 8 months later i finally got it close.. but the big plm is my period. i usually have period for 3 to 4 days.. but now it is about 7 to 8 days. but after my period was done.. i have bleeding spot and brown spot for other week.. i have a bad bad cramps!! sometime i would have to lay down for a while to calm my cramps.. i used to have endromeatriosis, I don't know if can come back since i have three children. sometime during sex, it hurt more .. So, please help me and what shld i do ? :-( o.O

I have been abnormally bleeding but this month I had 3 periods in 1 month. I even had cramps and everything!! What does this mean? I have been trying to get pregnant for 2yrs now and have had 1 miscarrage. Please give me some advice. I saw my doctor but they are of no help for me!

Sorry to but in here, i have posted on this board a few times. I just happened to see this post and had to reply. I was having a Horrible time with my Cycles for almost 2 years. At first it started out as just spotting then turned to spotting &Bleeding almost Everyday for months. So when I read this post I had to tell ya'll this. You Need to get a Book by Dr. John Lee. He's a Huge proponent of Natural Progesterone Creams. I started using the Cream I got from my Health food store and OMG the differance it made. In about 2 weeks time I stopped Spotting/ bleeding! And I have fibrocystic breasts too and it Really worked wonders with them. I'm not TTC But I actually got EWCM for the first time in years! I honestly can't say enough good stuff about Natural progesterone cream. if you get some just please make sure that Natural progesterone is one of the First ingredients listed on the bottle. It can help with not only spotting but getting your cycles regulated. I acutally got my AF this month Without having to take Provera to get it started. Sorry to gush. lol.

2 months after I had my daughter when it was time for a regual period.. it didn't stop till 8 months later and there was no clotting and only bright red blood and a very heavey flow of it, the ER said they "were not qualified to handle it" and I had to see a specialist. my obgyn refused to see me every time, the doctors only told me I was bleeding internally and may have ovarion cysts...for th past 6 months my periods have been somewhat normal but now they are becoming more frequent again... can anybody give me some suggestions as to how I can find out what's wrong, given both the er and obgyn are turning me away?

yes, endometriosis can come back

Hi lately I ve beem getting my periods closer and closer....So close thats i just finished mine about a week ago and now im on it today, but it doesnt start like probably 3 days in...i start out with a orange red discharge then its normal after that. the thing is i have no pain at at all another thing is i dont know if its because of my sexual appetite witch is above average... It seems to me that i start a couple of days after ive had intercoarse... ive had atleast 3 periods this month and im starting to freak out can any one help me!!!!!