Hello, Is there anyone out there who knows if you can collect disability with Fibromyalgia? I am 43 years old & I was have been diagnosed with this since 10/06 & have not been back to work yet. I just don't know how I can do a factory job with the way I feel. Somedays I can hardly move! Any ideas? Thanks!

I had to give up work about six years ago due to Chronic Pain Syndrome so I know how you feel. My doctor suggested that I stop working and so wrote out the sick notes until I went for a medical for the DHSS (UK). They gave me incapacity.

Strictly speaking, if you're ok to walk, can do most tasks yourself and so on, you don't qualify for disability, which is pretty damn stupid, but you can always try filling out the form and, remember to put EVERYTHING, stuff in the night, mental effects it has on you, everything even if you feel a bit unhappy about putting it or ashamed you feel that way, its the only way for them to judge your case. There are many sites on the Internet that help you fill out the forms properly if you are in the UK, not sure about the US, and try going into your local employment offices and talking to an advisor. Although they won't be strictly that knowledgeable, they can offer some adivce and a quick, rough guide as to whether you will be able to claim or not. There are also numbers to ring in the UK to speak to people who fill out the forms for you over the phone, and so they would be a better choice if you want an exacting answer, since the forms are fairly intimage and take a while to fill out and there is a long period of waiting for an answer.

I have this horrible illness , and managing the pain has become quiet difficult mixin medications has taken its toll on my body...
Im only 35 and am realising this is along time thing .. i dont suffer from depression although i have sleepless nights and wake up very stiff and the symptons should make me depressed..
Recently i was put on a 5 day ketamite drip which at first made the pain an outer body experirence with a pain score of 7...
I have been on countless pain medications from anti depressnts which after a few days i want to kill myself and end up in a deep state of depression, drugs such as elpilspy medication tend to not make a difference, thing like narcotics tend to not work rather make me sleep.
i have a good diet and i exercise daily i'm doing all the right things with no actual relief.. i would like to hear from anyone whom suffers from similar conditions .or if you have any other ideas which may help me get alittle bit of pain relief