I will have brain surgery/epilepsy (left temporal lobe) surgery in just over a month and am concerned as well as my family regarding this decision. This is a big step I am about to take... Ten years ago it was mentioned I should have surgery to remove the tumor and epilepsy but I could wait and watch. Current symptoms have been present to make surgery a choice very soon. I will be undergoing two surgeries one for mapping and another for the actual removal. My concern is how long for recovery after the actual surgery in left temporal lobe? Has anyone had surgery in the left temporal lobe? Once home, how long before I would be able to go back to my normal usual activities? I am currently unemployeed which is another reason for having the surgery now. I want to start looking for work ASAP after the surgery.

I commend you on your decision to undergo surgery to correct your symptoms and enable to you live the quality life you deserve. I have a friend who's son underwent the same type of surgery you are going to be having. The surgery was a huge success and the left temporal lobectomy that he had caused him to experience no surgeries since the day he had the operation. I am sure you are in close contact with your physician? You can bombard them with questions and never leave the office until all questions are answered and you feel comfortable with the answers you receive. Surgery is a huge decision and it is important to weigh all the pros and cons. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will keep us posted on how it goes for you!