ive recently started taking roaccutane. im 18 and have had acne for about 4 years now, getting worse and worse every year. and every year i think i cant stand it anymore. so i couldnt wait to start roaccutane - ignoring all the reports i read about side effects. to get rid of acne , i can deal with them. so when my dermatologist finally prescribed roaccutane i was extremely hopeful. most things i read stated it was likely for acne to get worse at first; however, by 10 days to a month it should start to clear. most people i know taking it had 70% clearer face within 2 weeks. ive been taking it now for 2 and a half months 20 mg twice a day, and it hasnt cleared up at all, in fact its worse. whatsmore its extremely dry. not uncomfertable- but looks terrible cuz its all peely. im wondering how much longer its gonna take to clear, and if it even is??? and will it really come back right away after 2 months or so.. i was so hopeful. but now that theres no change, and i keep hearing that ppl get there acne back quite quickly im sort of depressed. anyone know if this is gonna work???

Well I've just been prescribed and my dermatologist said it gets worse before it gets better as it brings all the bad oil to the surface of the skin which causes more spots but it will slowly get better over your course.