Hi I've been on roaccutane for coming up to 6 months now. Started on 20mg and now on 100mg daily. Initially it didn't seem to help that much, but since starting on the 100mg, the improvement is astonishing. I haven't had a single new spot for over a month now and the red lumps are slowing disappearing. My skin is really dry - something that I've never suffered with before and I get an excema type rash on my forearms and backs of my hands occasionally which E45 cream helps to settle down. My hair always used to be greasy and I'd have to wash it every day (sometimes twice), but my hair has never been better. I'm not complaining about this....! Other than these side effects, the only other thing that I'm really suffering with is dry and chapped lips. I've tried - vaseline, moisturisers, Nivea, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and E45, but nothing seems to relieve the constant dryness and flaking. Does anyone have any remedies that really work???? I'm 38 and have suffered with acne on and off for the last 10 years and did try all of the tetracyline drugs - some with more effect that others until they gave up working, until the latest flare up a year ago when it got really really bad and roaccutane was the only answer. If anyone has any tips re the dry lips I would be so grateful. Ali :-D

Hi:
This may seem obvious or too simple. However, I have found the drinking a lot of water helps dry lips and acne. Are you drinking enough water each day. Again, I apologize if these seems too simple, but it's true. Try it and see, if you haven't already. Please let us know how you are doing since you made this post. Thanks for the info.

Try Burt's Bees wax for lips. I was on accutane for months and this was the only product that worked for me.

That's usual. I took much less, 40mg a day, and had broken lips (split actually :-) ) for many weeks. It's important to put chapstick 2-5 times a day.