been using roaccutane for 2.5 months. it got worse in the 1st month and then started to clear very mildly. then it started to get much worse again. theres not much on my forehead nose or chin. but the sides of my face and my mouth are covered, too much to hide with any kind of concealer. whats more my face always looks really red. im taking 20 mg twice a day and my dermatologist said i should take it for about 5 months - according to my weight and age and all. so im half way through my treatment, and it hasn't cleared up at all. most ppl i know who used this cleared up within 2 weeks. im worried that im reacting differently to the drug and its not going to work at all. it was pretty much my last option and its making me reallly angry. any advice?

You have to listen to this, I know what is wrong, it happened to me too:

DONT drink or eat anything with milk in it, no yoghurt, icecream or ANYTHING with milk. Just try it for 5 days, and your skin your clear up noticeably.

Also, try to not eat any white bread for 5 days, you should also notice a difference in your skin.

White sugar also has an effect. The same goes for virtually any other efined foods.

But please just try for 5 days, NO DAIRY OR WHITE BREAD and Im sure it will help! Ive recommended it to other people in the past and they have all thanked me for it.

Good Luck!

Haha, just noticed that post was from 2006.

My bad, guess Im too late.

I hope my advice helps someone else though.

im having the same problem with roaccutane. i have been on it for about 5 months already and my skin is still quite bad. i dont have dairy or white foods, so we can rule out that option/cure haha
is there any other advice or reasoning anyone can give me?
any help is much appreciated :-)
please help me

My Dermatologist is one of the best in Britain.

During my first course I took the capsules with water. When I returned for my check-up he advised me that his patients results had been much better and quicker when taking the capsules with milk. I have been taking them with milk for the past month and the results have been much quicker and much better.

hi there i have had acne in the past which ha left me with pitting on the cheeks,would this mediacation work on me?every now and then i have breakouts but they just a few spots nothing major but the pitting that im left with is most annoying