I have been diagnosed with arthritis and lately my doctor prescribed me Prednisone. I know I have problem with my body, which doesn’t produce enough of chemical so I need some drug. I hope it is going to help me reduce my swelling, heat, redness and pain that I have sometimes. Anyway, what worries me is that I have heard just for one case when someone uses this drug. This was patient with transplanted organ, so now I wonder if that is right medicine for me.

Prednisone is corticosteroid, similar to natural hormone produced by adrenal glands. It often is used to replace this chemical when your body does not make enough of it, such as your example shows us. It is proved Prednisone relieves inflammation (swelling, heat, redness, and pain) and is used to treat certain forms of arthritis. For example it is used in treatment of skin, blood, kidney, eye, thyroid, and intestinal disorders, severe allergies, and asthma. Prednisone also is used with other drugs to prevent rejection of transplanted organs and to treat certain types of cancer, so this is not supposed to worry you. Prednisone comes as a tablet, solution, concentrate, and syrup which is taken by mouth. Your doctor will prescribe a dosing schedule that is best for treating your condition. You should follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Also I can recommend you to use the specially marked dropper that comes with the concentrate to measure the dose. Do not stop taking Prednisone without talking to your doctor,because stopping the drug abruptly can cause loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting.