Hi! I have Lyme disease. Dr prescribed me Prednisone for Lyme? What do you think about that? Tell me something more about Prednisone.

Hi! I take Prednisone, for my arthritis. I think that your doctor prescribed you this medication to relief some symptoms off lyme disease. Prednisone is used alone or with other medications to treat the symptoms of low corticosteroid. Prednisone is also used to treat other conditions in patients with normal corticosteroid levels. These conditions include certain types of arthritis; severe allergic reactions; multiple sclerosis and other. Prednisone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away: headache, dizziness, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, inappropriate happiness extreme changes in mood. Talk to your doctor about the risks of using this drug for your condition, and ask him why he prescribed this drug.

I have Lyme Disease and Prednisone was just prescribed to me for numbness and pain in the right hand. I only get this pain and numbness in the middle of the night. I think its Neurapathy