Hi, I am a forty five years old woman. After my period has stopped, I went to see a doctor. He diagnosed me with menopause. In order to treat the symptoms of this condition, vaginal dryness and irritation, doctor has prescribed me Prempro. I havent bought it yet because I want you to tell me if it can cause side effects.

Hi, I know how menopause can be annoying. Unfortunately, that is something we women have to deal with. Prempro is a medicine that is used to treat the symptoms of menopause. Therefore, your doctor was right to prescribe it to you. Prempro is a conjugation of hormones called estrogen and progesterone. It is the absence of these hormones that produce the symptoms of menopause. However, there is a very small number of drugs that do not cause any side effects. What you should know about Prempro is that you must not take it if you have a history of heart attack, stroke or blood clot. If you take it for a long period of time, it can produce breast cancer and already mentioned illnesses. It may also cause an allergic reaction that is manifested as face, tongue, lips and throat swelling, hives and difficulties breathing. But, although it all sounds very serious, these side effects happen in a small number of patients and you must listen to your doctor. He knows what he is doing and you should not be scared.