I am a 53 year old woman going through the menopause at the moment. I am sorry to say that the symptoms of the menopause have been too much for me and I feel terrible. I never thought I would need a hormonal pill to help me cope with the menopause, but I do! How about utrogestan? What the side effects of this?

Progesterone does weird things to some people, but if it is a shortage of the same hormone that is bothering you (which can happen - I know the same thing happened to me when I gave birth, and I am sure a lack of progesterone is what caused my post partum depression), you will probably benefit from utrogestan a great deal. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? How did you arrive at the conclusion that utrogestan is the right medication for you? If you have not seen a doctor yet, I suggest that is the first thing you do before doing any more research about side effects.