Hi, I am 59 years old, and I suffer from menopausal hormone imbalance. I have hot flashes, night sweats, and menopause induced vaginal dryness. I heard that prempro relieves those symptoms. I don’t know what is prempro, and does it have some side effects?

Hello, prempro is a combination of estrogens and a progestin. It relieves menopausal symptoms and takes your hormone levels to normal. Conjugated estrogen and progesterone are used to treat the symptoms such as warmth in the face, neck and chest, vaginal itching, burning and dryness. Prempro also helps in reducing your chances of getting osteoporosis (thin weak bones). Using estrogen alone can be dangerous. It can lead to the cancer of the uterus and breasts, and to many other problems, such as heart attacks, strokes, and blood clots. If you notice any uterus bleeding, report it immediately to your doctor. If you decide to try prempro, take the smallest dosage at least for the first time.