I am forty seven and i had my period last now about two years ago. Only had one time last year. My Doctor said I have began my menopausal period. But yet I want to get pregnant . Is it possible even with one and a half years into menopause, someone help

Hi Guest,

Normally, after one year of no periods we consider it to be menopause.  If you aren't ovulating then you won't get pregnant.  It doesn't mean that it's impossible.  A fertility specialist may be able to help you get pregnant again but it may require a donor egg.

Good luck.

Thanks, does it mean there is no medication to reverse menopause? Or increase or renew the pregnancy hormones so one can produce egg again? I am really concerned about this. Hope we can get a scientist to unravel this. Someone out there please help!

Menopause is when you haven't had a period for a year. You said you had one last year but not when. You can't reverse menopause.

Even if you still have eggs, they likely will not develop, and likely are just not viable. It's due to the drop in hormones during menopause.

Check with a fertility expert. They are by far your best resource.

My guess would be you could but it would take a fertility clinic to help. This is just my opinion though and I am not a doctor. Of course you could always adopt?