Hi, I am a forty seven years old woman and I have a problem. It is profuse sweating. I do not have any serious medical condition that could have caused it. The thing is I encounter very embarrassing situations caused by sweat and it is making me nervous. What can you tell me about profuse sweating? Is there some treatment that could help me overcome this problem?

Hi, first of all I would like to start by saying that sweating is a normal process. It helps our body to cool down. Sweat is produced by sweat glands located in our skin. They can sometime over-react. As a result profuse sweating occurs. This can be caused by a number of reasons. High temperatures, spicy foods, stressful situations are some of them. Profuse sweating can also appear as a menopause side affect. Because you are in the years in which menopause can start I would say that this might be the cause of your profuse sweating. During menopause a woman's body changes drastically. This process affects many of our function and sweating is one of them. But this is only one of the things that might cause profuse sweating. In order to find out what is causing this effect with you, a visit to the doctor must be made. When he determines the cause the doctor will talk to you about the necessary treatment.

The only thing I found to help me was Mon Ray Antiperspirant. I tried everything, but this stuff worked.