Hello, this is my first post here and I'm hoping you can help me. I plan on calling my doctor with my questions but was curious if any of you might have any answers.

I went to my doctor last week for my annual, even though it's been two years since my last check up.

The main reason I went was because my periods have been highly irregular (sometimes spotting for 10 days and then regular bleeding for 1 day) and I never really knew when to expect them. I've also been an emotional wreck for about 3 weeks out of every month.

My doctor prescribed Prometrium, as she said that it sounded as if my body wasn't producing enough progesterone, likely due to stress, causing an imbalance in my hormones.

I've read all of the side effects and I have a few concerns. One side effect is the possibility of depression. How is that going to make me less emotional? Wouldn't it be the opposite? Another concern I have is whether or not Prometrium might have an effect on my libido. I'd really rather it not effect it negatively, and I'm sure my husband would agree. :-)

I'm 25 years old and so far I haven't found much information regarding taking Prometrium other than for post menopause hormone replacement along with estrogen. As I'm not taking estrogen and haven't dealt with menopause, nothing I've found has been very helpful.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help. :O)

Chrysteen