Hi. I`m nearsighted and considering some surgery options, such as Lasik and PRK. People say different things about those procedures and so far I have concluded that Lasik is a preferred procedure among patients, but surgeons prefer PRK. Anybody who could tell me something about that? What to do? PRK or Lasik?

Hi. Well, Lasik is preferred refractive, and PRK is a less complex procedure. Heard that some 50% of refractive surgeons prefer Lasik for 4D of myopia, and 80% of them prefer Lasik for higher levels of myopia. Docs preferr PRK over Lasik in cases with thin corneas, keratome-related complications, low kreadings, deep-set eyes, small lid fissures, severe squeezing and aymmmetric astigmatism. Patient do generally prefer Lasik to PRK. Docs prefer PRK in patients with low myopia and Cogan`s dystrophy and corneal erosions.