Hi. I have large labia and it hurts every time I have sex. I made up my mind. I want to have labiaplasty. Before I do, I would like to hear more about this surgery. Who is the best candidate for labiaplasty? How long does it take to recover? Anyone had labiaplasty?

Hi. I had large labia. It wasn`t painful, but I was feeling very unattractive. So I decided to have labiaplasty. Women with over-sized, or asymmetrical labia are, of course, the best candidates. Surgery time is 1-2 hours. Recovery time is also very short. Labiaplasty is done under local anesthesia. You will be back to work in 3 to 5 days. However, I was feeling discomfort and swelling for two weeks after surgery. I don`t regret it, anyway. I feel very happy now.

Yes I just got it done this morning, it only took 45 minutes and i felt no pain afterward. but on the way home a bit of pain kicked in after anesthesia wore off, but nothing that made me even cringe, just slight pinching. Right now I can feel that its swollen but even so its definitly smaller even WITH the swollenness. I ONLY recommend it if you are like me and it causes you pain. It was very pinching when i wore pants and if I curled up in bed I would end up woken up due to the circulation being cut of down there, it would really hurt and I even had to adjust myself constantly so they wouldnt bunch up. Honestly girls who dont need it are getting it, so realy consider if its neccisary. Trust me ive seen before and after pictures and my outcome after surgery looks like most of the woman's before pictures, and you know what? I couldnt be happier.

It depends on how miserable you are with what you have now. I'm 5 weeks post-op and still having a lot of discomfort and swelling. I've been off work due to the pain (I'm an RN in a hospital), and find routine daily
activities hard to do. Even walking. Sex is impossible. No guarantee this will ever get better.

My surgeon has a great reputation, is very experienced, and is the head of a large practice. Read the statistics: 1-2% of women having this surgery will end up w/ chronic discomfort. That's 1-2 out of every hundred, and it means for the rest of your life. If your problem is so bad that you're willing to risk it, then by all means, do it.

If you're not having severe physical problems or if it's more of a vanity issue, leave well enough alone. This has the potential to change your life: and NOT FOR THE BETTER.

was your labiaplasty covered by your insurance? Or is this a plastic surgeon elective surgery? I need this procedure done secondary to a bad vaginal tear sustained during vaginal delivery....but my health ins has denied the claim. Any suggestions?

I had my labiaplasty 8 days ago and havne't been able to walk or sit at all. The first two days were fine, then this horrible swelling and extreme pain started happening. I still can't sit or walk normally but the pain seems to have subsided by a lot only today... the first day that I haven't cried from the pain. The doctor says it's not an infection, but I feel that i need to get a second opinion. I was on antibiotics and now started taking different ones. The painkillers alsmot didn't help. I feel that I'm one of the few that has had these horrible complications... I hope it will look normal once it's healed... I also hope I don't get fired from work after all the days i've missed. : / Has anyone had a similar expeirence?

How do you feel now - has it healed up okay -- the so called plastic surgeon who did mine many years ago, removed basically all of my inner labia so I have basically none - I have had pain and discomfort ever since, so be careful out there. Am interested to hear if anyone else has had this happen and how they are coping>????

hello
I had mine done yesterday(friday). It is very swallen and brused. When I take Vicodin it hellps the pain go away, othervise it burns like hell. I am putting ice pack and doing sitz baths. I can't walk normaly. It's my first day since the surgery, so I'm hoping it will get better within couple of days. I decided to do it on Friday so I could have 3 days to rest at home, however I am not qute sure I will be able to go to work on Monday.
Please
any advice ????

My friend just had it done (I'm sort of her caretaker in this) and she's experiencing super swelling, and now on day four, bruising. She iced religiously for the first 60 hours and then discovered a white discharge. She's under the impression it was a yeast infection and did an OTC treatment, but I read on a website that the white discharge is common with laser reduction. Those of you that have had it, what are your suggestions/tips for her to heal properly in the following days i.e. reduce the bruising and swelling? Thanks.

I had labiaplasty AND clitoropexy done about 2 weeks ago with Dr. Alter. Im pretty sure everyonehas seen Dr. 90210?? He's the main dr on the show that performs the gentail surgery. Pain wise it hasnt been that bad, mainly just the first week or so. Im finally starting to walk normal. As far as the results, Im still a little undecided what I think. I dont think my clitoris looks natural at all!! I just took his work for it that I needed the clitoropexy and wasnt able to see the before & after pics until brievly the day before my sergury. It looks as if it has been "pinned" up. And so shortened I can hardly tell what it is. Also it looks somewhat like a butt crack..lol. Seriously though, it has a split in the center. I havent addressed any concerns to him yet, Im still waiting for all the swelliong to go away so I can see the final result.
Please respond.....

I had laser labiaplasty about 5 days ago. The surgery itself went very well, dont under general anesthesia which is scary but no complications. The first two days were the most difficult, lots of swelling and tenderness. I only took Percocet twice and then just used OTC Motrin. Ice packs for the first 48 hours which were heaven! Walking and doing activities is fine but tomorrow is my first day back at work. I am an RN so we will see how 13 hours on the feet is going to be. I don't have "pain" now just tenderness, burning and some itching and it's healing. I am just concerned because I have read a lot of girls comments and I hope that the discomfort goes away soon and isn't permanent, any other stories?
-Jenny

Hi! I have an appt with Dr Alter for Clitorpexy and I just wanted to ask if you are happy with the outcome after the swelling went down? Thanks! Leah

Guest wrote:

Im scheduled for labiaplasty later this month. Im going to a well known sergeon out of Beverly Hills, which makes me feel better. Im still really nervous!

Please be very careful, I too went to a well know surgeon in Beverly Hills and he talked me into a horrific procedure. Know what you are doing, regardless if he is well known or from Beverly hills.. This could affect you for the rest of your life.

Hope123 wrote:

leah2066 wrote:

seemenow wrote:

Please respond.....

I too went to Dr. Alter last June for a minor procedure. He talked me into something completley different, and since then I have suffered tremendously. Please be aware of your feelings and what you want, not what he "thinks" you need. It could be the biggest mistake of your life, as it has been mine. I have lived in pain, sensitivity, burning sensations and much more hell since. Just know that there are thousands of nerve endings around your clitoris that once cut and severed, will NEVER be the same. I am only saying this because if I could go back in time, I would have realized that I didn't need what he thought I did. My life has changed dramatically since, and I would not wish this on ANYONE. Please really think about it before you do it.. If I can save at least one person from this nightmare, than my suffering will not be in vain.. Learn from my mistake and know what you are doing, who you are and exactly what "you" want before you go through with something like this.. Just because someone is on TV does not make them qualified.

how are the results now? the clit still have a split? i am getting mine done soon! LET ME KNOW!!!