Hi! I am 26 years old woman. I have astigmatism. Some time I wear corrective lenses. But, I heard that there is lasik surgery. Can you tell me something about astigmatism and lasik surgery? Can lasik surgery cure astigmatism?

Hi! I didn’t have lasik surgery yet, but I think about that. Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis is a procedure in which a doctor uses an instrument called a keratome to make a thin, circular hinged cut into your cornea. This same cut can be made with a special cutting laser. The surgeon lifts the flap and then uses an excimer laser to sculpt the shape of the cornea under the flap. An excimer laser differs from other lasers in that it doesn't produce heat.
Lasik are good for correcting low to moderate astigmatism in people who are either nearsighted or farsighted. First, you must see are you good candidate for lasik surgery. If, you are good candidate for a lasik then find some good surgeon. You need surgeon with experience. Good luck!