for vision correction. What do you think about it? If you have how was your experience?

No way.

Cut my eyes? No thanks....

No way. Cut my eyes? No thanks....
Well it is a laser actually, no cutting involved...

I don't think I would ever need it. Tracy wants it someday. She, being a nurse, must know that it is safe enough, I would think.

And what does the laser do? Tickle you?

Mr Poky had it done 5 years ago. It wasn't a big deal, and he sure likes not having to wear glasses.

It reshapes your lens. If you are nearsighted it flattens the lens, if you are farsighted is steppens the lens.

nope. I considered it until I wore a pair of toric corrected contacts that reshape your eye for normal vision. Hated them....my near vision is better than perfect and I lost that when my far vision was corrected. (even with contacts, my eyesight is not 20/20....more like 20/30). My eye doctor says that 20/30 is not acceptable to drive. I told him he's full of c**p....my father has a cornea implant in one eye and eye buckle on the other and passes his DOT eye test.

I'm sure not!
I wouldn't want to do it simply because we have intimate knowledge of laser surgery--well Libby does, and I watched and it was horrific. She had three "surgeries" on her birthmark on her left cheek. Even with numbing it, it was awful. And we didn't do it for cosmetic purposes either. If we had, it would have only been the one time, not three.
I know the eye is different, and that they are much more effective at numbing, but I'll keep my imperfect eyes all the same.

I wore glasses since the age of 7, then switched to contacts at 12. Two years ago I got a major eye infection and was back in glasses for six months. Went back to contacts, and got a second major eye infection last summer and was back in glasses. I was told I could not go back to contacts, for if I got another eye infection it would most likely result in blindness. Not wanting to live in glasses for the rest of my life (vanity, it limited my facial expressions, PITA when running, lack of peripheral vision), I forked over the dough for LASIK last fall. Hands down some of the best money I ever spent. I'd do it again even if it cost 2, 3 times what it did. PM me if you want more info.

I have not, because I have no need for it.

according to my physical this fall...I still have 20/15 vision.

I think if I needed it, and I had the means, I would definately consider it, though.

I'm dying to get it done and my eye dr. says I'm a great candidate. Hopefully, I will do it in the next couple of years after I'm done having kids (and have a few thousand $ lying around!)!!

Also, there IS cutting involved. They cut a flap of outer cornea that is peeled back so the laser can hit your inner cornea. The flap is self-healing, no stitches. You feel nothing. I had the anesthetic drops and Xanax and was all w00ty w00t.

Should you opt for this, wavefront mapping is the way to go.

I have perfect vision so I haven't.

However, my good friend is a "perfect candidate" however her opthamologist father won't let her, as he feels this is such a new technology and we haven't seen what will happen on the long term. Of course, he probably would err on the side of caution with his own kids' eyes, but I thought it was pretty interesting he doesn't do it for his patients and discourages his family from it. Just food for thought.

Meanwhile, everyone I know who has done it LOVES IT.

Well my vision is 20/200. That means that how the average person sees at 200 feet I see at 20. 8O I don't like wearing glasses, I just don't see well with them, I hate no have peripheral vision, and they always seem to be in the way. I don't mind the contacts but when travelling or camping they are a pain. I don't really want to spend the money but I am starting to think it would be worth it. I would love to wake up in the morning and see my alarm clock.