Hi. I have myopia and am considering some surgical options. Everybody`s talking about Lasik and radial keratotomy and want to hear something about that. So far I have only found out that RK is used to treat myopia. Anybody with any info?

Hi. Lasik is a refractive laser eye surgery and many people choose this procedure as an alternative to wearing glasses or contacts. Lasik treatment is used to correct near and far-sightedness and is usually a preferred alternative to photorefractive keratectomy. Some Lasik complications include dry eyes, visual acuity fluctuation, light sensitivity, double vison, etc. Radila keratotomy is a refractive surgical procedure to correct myopia. In RK, the incisions are made with a precision calibrated diamond knife. This procedure is not as precise as Lasik or PRK. RK is simply less predictable.

Hi there,
I am not user about Lasik but I know that radial keratotomy is a condition that can help you. The fact is that doctor will make small cuts in your cornea which then flattens it and restores your vision to normal reducing your nearsightedness. The fact is that this operation doesn’t last long, and one eye can be done in ten to fifteen minutes, depending on the surgeon. So you will only have to discuss with your doctor what is better and safer treatment option for you. How long have you been having this problem? Also both procedures are done very often now days. I hope this helped you in any way.
Best wishes,
Marco

R K only works for about 3 years.