Hello there! I am about to give birth and I am thinking of taking epidural during the labour. I am not a person who stands pain very well you know!!! The reason I am writing is that I would like to know if there could be any problems during labour and if the epidorals can harm my baby ??? Thx for all replies!!!

Even though many women are very comfortable with epidorals and have good experience, it may happen that it leads to a “cascade of intervention “ where a normal birth becomes highly medicalised causing a woman to feel as if loosing control and autonomy.
Epidorals can hurt both mother and a child. Even though epidorals are injected around the spinal cord some of the amount enters the blood stream passing through the placenta into the baby’s circulation. An epidural can slow labour as well. I would recommended a perfectly normal delivery for you. You should forget about your pain and think about the baby’s benefit!!! Good luck!!!

I am sick after I gave birth to my second child by getting epidural.