Hello! I have entered the ninth month of my pregnancy and I can't help myself with the fear of delivery pain and there I have a friend that advised me to try with spinal anesthesia during delivery. I thought I would do anything just to avoid this delivery pain but on the other hand I am also afraid of that spinal injection-I mean could it hurt me seriously? So is there anyone who had experience with spinal anesthesia during delivery to help me on this?

Hi! I have 2 kids and both of them I delivered with spinal anesthesia and guess what-I never felt any pain! This spinal anesthesia during delivery is known as epidural anesthesia and the best and most important thing hear is to have the specialized and experienced anesthesiologist that is specialized just in giving this sort of anesthesia. All I know is that it is injected on the right spot of your lower back affecting the proper low spinal nerve that makes your legs and lower abdomen like paralyzed and you feel no pain during delivery and the contraction are still there to help your baby to get out. Trust I could have the delivery each year this way-using spinal anesthesia during delivery. It is not a big deal trust me all you feel few days after having epidural is some leg weakness and some mild headaches but that is all, in a few days all would get back to normal and you won’t feel no pain.