Hi. I'm 25 years old and soon I'm going to become a young mother.
My husband and I are looking forward to this child because we have waited on it almost four years. Now, I'm in my 7 month of pregnancy.
Few days ago, during regular ultrasound examination my doctor found that I suffer from some condition called Abruptio placentae.
He said that child will be just fine but that there is a high possibility that they will need to perform cesarean delivery on me.
So, I was wondering does anybody know a bit more about this condition and possible complications of it.

Well, I know something about this condition because few years I have also been diagnosed with it.
Abruptio placentae is defined as the premature separation of the placenta from the uterus. Patients with abruptio placentae typically present with bleeding, uterine contractions, and fetal distress but sometimes, there are no symptoms what so ever, like for example, in your case.
Most severe complication is caesarian delivery, but sometimes it can lead to child’s death.
It is frequently difficult to determine the exact causes of placenta abruptio. In most cases they are abdominal trauma, sudden loss in uterine volume as occurs with rapid loss of amniotic fluid or the delivery of a first twin, or an abnormally short umbilical cord (usually only a problem at the time of delivery).
Cesarean delivery is often necessary for both fetal and maternal stabilization.