I had a baby 2 months ago and am breastfeeding. Within the first 2 weeks after delivery, I experienced sharp back pain (mainly around the epidural injection site), felt cramping (like a mild contraction), and felt like I needed to vomit. I was constipated at the time and just attributed it to regluar postpartum issues. At 7 1/2 weeks postpartum, I was still bleeding (could be menstrual or side effect from new birth control - which I started at 6 weeks) with small clots and felt the same severe back pain, cramping, and vomited a couple times. The pain does subside a little with a back rub.

I went to the doctor and he scheduled an ultrasound in case there are placenta remnants. My ultrasound is in a couple of days but since my appt with the doctor, the bleeding has seemed to subside. The pain and nausea however, came back last night.

Since the bleeding has subsided, I have a feeling that it has more to do with my bowels than remnant placenta. Any ideas? Thank you.

I would agree. I was reading your symptoms carefully but it sounds to me like the cramp and back pain is more a bowel issue. That actually has happened to me previously, and obviously I'm not a woman. It sounds like it could be diarrhea more than anything. What do you think?