Hello. I'm 24 year old pregnant woman and soon I’ll become a young mother. Unlike other future moms, I'm not scared of my future obligations with child and husband. To be honest with you, I'm looking forward to it. I love kids and I adore my husband.
The thing that frightens me the most is the pain during the childbirth.
Many friends told me that the pain is so strong that you literally fell like you’re falling apart.
Some of them recommended me to use epidural injection during the labor because it will make my numb and I will feel no pain what so ever. This sounds like a perfect solution for me. Maybe even too perfect! Are there any problems that can occur when using these epidurals!?

Hi. I have three beautiful daughters and I have used epidural injections for pain during all of those three childbirths.
It is probably reasonable to assume that at the basis of every woman’s consideration of epidural analgesia are two questions- Is it good for me and is it good for my child.
For the most part, epidural analgesia does effectively relieve labor pain and no one really can deny that.
But some other problems can occur. Significant low blood pressure is the most common complication of epidural anesthesia and you probably know that maternal hypotension is a major risk for the baby.
I have also read that fetal heart rate decelerations can occur following the use of epidurals. Beside this- backache is a common complication.