I had a major anxiety attack 2 weeks ago and since then have not been able to eat. My anxiety and panic attacks revolve around the severe phobia of vomiting. I get hungry but I always feel butterflies in my stomach and I have no appetite.

I started taking fluoxetine again for the 2nd time (I went off it a year ago cuz I was able to manage my anxiety... big mistake). I have been on 10 MG for 3 days now.

I don't really remember how I felt before but I am starving. I am so hungry but feel nauseous all the time and nervous. I am so afraid to eat! Does Prozac eventually help nervous stomachs to the point where I can eat again? I am nervous 24/7 because i am very hungry but I am afraid to eat.. if I don't eat though I will feel faint a nauseous.

Any help? Thanks!

I too suffer from the phobia of vomiting. E-mail me, and I will tell you what I can: ****

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

Your nervous stomach (imho), is an additional symptom of the anxiety. Although it certainly is a physical symptom, it's coming from a psychological condition. Perhaps taking a small dose of Xanax (Alprazolam) will calm your nervous stomach. Or a small dose of Donnatal. These are medications that have helped me.

I know your story only too well. I have suffered most of my life from the same issues (anxiety, emetophobia)

You are not alone. I am a 51-year-old wife and mother and I can assure you that you will be okay!! Use the resources available to you and email me anytime! Take Care! ***