So in about 8th grade I started to get really nervous every time my stomach growled because I was hungry. I always tried to eat a lot just so it didn't happen but eventually the anxiety caused the stomach noises not hunger. I didn't want anyone to hear and laugh at me (it has happened before). I just wanted to leave and never go back to class. I hated being in a quiet classroom. I know this probably sounds dumb but it's really affecting my life. So in certain classes I started getting very bad panic attacks and would go to the nurse and end up going home because I would tell her I wasn't feeling well. I went to public schools until I got to highschool. I just couldn't handle the anxiety any more. So for my freshman year I switched to a very small private school (Catholic school). There were 7 people in my class. I was taking Zoloft for the anxiety which helped a lot that year. But my sophomore year sucked. All the anxiety came back I had to sit through church every morning and always took tests outside and I am pretty sure a few of the teachers and staff were really annoyed with me which didnt help. Now I am a Junior and I am doing online school. I really like it. But now I have to do aims testing and the anxiety is back. I've googled things I can do to calm myself down when I am feeling anxious but nothing helps. It has taken over my life. My mom thinks it is social anxiety but I dont think that is really it. I have friends and I am fine going out and doing stuff and being social. I just don't know what to do. I have read a lot about other people who have this problem so if you have had this or still do, what do you do to help it?

I've been having the same problem for 3 years. It started with just simple stomach sounds. In two weeks the sounds increased and I noticed that while being on classes. It wasn't till someone commented on it that i got really embarassed and went home. I wan't able to go to school for a month because of my phobia that my stomach would rumble. Not only that,but the fear increased my anxiety level more to the point of me throwing up and not being able to eat. It took me more that one year to understand that the problem is not physical but psychological. Before that i tried eating a litte before classes even though i was not hungry and found many ways to hide and avoid the noices. I started seeing a therapist and taking anxiety medication and my therapist told me that to overcome the problem you can't avoid it. So i tried my best not to leave classes, going to every class and not avoiding my fear. Silence scared me but I've come to a point of not even caring about my stomach and seeing it as normal as it is. Stomaches make sound, its natural and i understand that you notice yours and think that "how the f**k can a stomach make so much noice" i understand someone begging for an organ to shut up.I didn't think it was a problem you know? How can a rumbling stomach be a problem? People could laugh about it so i avoided talking about it. It's alright,it's natural just don't avoid silence. Try seeing a therapist and anxiety medication is really helpful. Avoiding situations will only make you loose oportunities in life. Accepting that it's okay for your stomach to rumble, is what will help you go through it. Nobody is gonna make fun of you. It's an actual problem though so don't ever think that because it's just "a rumbling stomach" that you shouldn't worry about it. I hope you will get through it. I know it sucks