hello.

About a month and a half ago i got the stomach flu (at least i think i did, i didn't go to the doctor, but i had most of the sypmtoms), and after i got over it i would feel like my food would just sit in my stomach after lunch or dinner, but i haven't thrown up or gotten sick or anything. And it's not really i sick feeling, more like my food is just sitting there longer than it used too. I'm not sure if it's a big problem or a minor problem or lasting effects of the stomach flu because i have never had the stomach flu before. I am just worried it is something more serius. Please help me, i would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.

I have the same problem. Any help?

again.. i am experianecing the same issue...

i had the stumoch bug for aobut month is it anithing serious pleasse can any one tell me wat to do about this

I also have problem with stomuch , I have been to the doctor and they give me some water medicine , can help me sometime but after that I have been again the same problem. but, now I don't have any problem about that again after my frien give me a present in my birthday, they call"Fiber" This help me very much . Thank you ka my friend.

I too have this issue...

Since a weekend episode of vomit then constipation then diarrhea (stomach flu) I have had lasting "cannot keep a meal in my stomach for over an hour" diarrhea. Not to mention being excessively bloated and gassy! It has been about a month and a half. Any one has a clue?

back in mid november i drank a little bit too much red wine, and got sick for the first time since i was 8 years old. (threw up). it wasnt anything major but it shocked me a little because i have always had a fear of vomit. then shortly after, i would say maybe two weeks- if that, i came down with a horrible case of the stomach flu.- i threw up again. ever since that day, my stomach just hasnt felt like it used to. some days are much better than others, where i have nothing more than a little hearburn and indigestion. other days, like today, i have felt sick (almost like im going to puke) pretty much since i woke up at 5 this morning. (its almost 3 pm now). ive had a lot of gas and a slight pain in my abdomen. i went and saw a doctor at the beginning of the year for a regular check up and he drew blood and all the blood work came back fine. he told me i should get prilosec otc and take it everyday for a month. im almost done with my first 14-day treatment and i havent seen a differenct at all. i read up on emetophobia, which is the fear of vomiting and for a long time i brushed my problems off on this-- which is a very real phobia to me. im wondering though if it could be something more.

I have this same problem, my goodness, I thought I was dying! I was only 105 pounds to begin with and it's been a week since I could eat much of anything. It's like if I eat more than a handful of food my stomach starts to hurt all over again for hours. Does this ever stop?! I'm about to go nuts, I'M HUNGRY!

Seeing a physician should be your first step to cure stomach flu especially if its lingered as long as you say. If its happened the past couple of days i suggest drinking a lot of fluids not just water. Diarrhea, a very common stomach flu symptom, causes dehydration very quickly. Even after drinking almost 8-10 glasses of water every day, the doctor said I was still dehydrated and short of electrolytes. So, get some Gatorade in bulk. Don't fight the poop soup, just let it go. Your body needs to get rid of that stuff. Simplifying your diet will help you cure stomach pain. Keep your diet down to clear liquids for the first 24 hours (broth, water, juices). If you feel better after 24 hours, then you can move on to foods like white rice, white bread, apple sauce, and bananas. Try to avoid citrus, greasy foods, dairy and tomato products, alcohol, coffee, and carbonated drinks. In other words, don't go to McDonald's. If the stomach flu has you in a lot of pain, as acute gastroenteritis will not saying you have this disorder, don't be afraid to take pain killers. Pain killers with acetaminophen, like Tylenol and Excedrin are good because they don't upset your stomach as easily as medicines like ibuprofen, Aleve, and aspirin. If you're having way too much stomach pain, ask your doctor for Oxycodone. That'll knock the pain out, help you sleep, and make everything really funny before you pass out. The reason doctors tell you to rest is because your nutritional intake is extremely low when you have a stomach flu, even if you're slamming Campbell's Soup like cans of Miller Lite at a baseball game. Your body is running on reserves and needs you to be lying down so you don't waste protein and calories that could be used to fuel your immune system. After that first day or two make sure you are getting plenty of antioxidants which are found in blueberries, walnuts, prunes, whole grains, apples and oranges especially the white stuff in the orange the, name slips my mind. If all else fails and your stomach flu consists after a week max you should make a doctors appointment and let him know EXACTLY what you've been eating and taking medicine wise. I hope this helps.

I agree except for the Oxycodone thing- essential legal heroine. There are plenty of prescription pain killers out there and I would steer clear of this one. It's dangerous.

I'm presenting four days post stomach flu, and am experiencing the same problems. but I know in anohter week or so it should be gone.

I know that when you get a stomach flu, it's a result of a virus infecting you, which means that antibodies are created on overtime to help fight them. These antibodies tend to attack the natural 'flora' in your stomach--good bacteria that helps to digest stomach contents. after a flu, you're essentially germ-free--the antibodies have done their job, and they'll soon lower.

the problem then is, you have no stomach flora to help digest otherwise difficult-to-digest foods, which can contribute to stomach pain.

Two things that can help, but cannot hurt, are Fiber and Probiotics. Probiotics (both in things like Kafir and Acidophilus milk and supplement pill form) will help restore the stomach contents--and in a lot of cases, if people have stomach issues like crohn's and other digestive problems, trying probiotics typically helps. and fiber helps purge the system of any lingering unwanted waste. best to blow it all out and restore your naturally occurring 'good bacteria'.

sounds to me like you are lacking the essential bacteria hat inhabit your digestive system and break down the food you eat. These can often be vomited up or shot out the other end with stomach flu. i've heard a god way to get these bacteria back is eating yogurt, like Activia.

:-) I too have that same thing but I am wondering if maybe I got a food born illness mixed in with it if I need to get some antibiotics 
anyway, I was fine up until last Saturday morning June 23rd it was nine in the morning then all hell broke loose when I was out taking 
a walk I had to puke into the bushes then I was fine until about three that afternoon when I had to puke again :-) but haven't had to visit the commode since.  

Now that part's over I am wondering why I still have the indigestion I think since today is only Tuesday and all this happened four days ago if it's not better by this Friday I may try and see my doctor!  Any suggestions guys?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

man i thought i was the only one....

I have been feeling like that too. I havt been wanting to eat at all! I just lost my appetite. My sister threw up a few days ago and sence then my stomach has been hurting, i have been stressing a lot, and I feel that I won't be able to keep anything down. My mom old me I might have a little bit of the stomach flu so I didn't worry. I just looked online to make sure I wast DIEING or anything. Haha! Makes me feel better that other people are having the same symptoms so ya.