My daughter is 15 and hasn't been eating breakfast or lunch for months, she only eats half size evening meal. She is very skinny and says when she lies down she feels like her body vibrates. She is snappy and bad tempered with everyone and is not doing as well at school as she should be. I am soo worried now because when she eats her evening meal (which is smaller than ever) she immediately needs to have her bowels open and says she just can't eat cos she's not hungry and I assume her stomach is shrunk. I don't know what to do next...any advice please?
:-|

If you haven't taken her to a doctor, do so. If you have and that hasn't helped, take her to a homeopath. This is really abnormal.

Have you discussed with her on whether or not she has an eating disorder?

I am not a doctor; but when I read that your daughter says she feels like her body is "vibrating" when she's lying down; and she isn't eating; I thought I had remembered reading somewhere that that "vibrating" feeling can be caused by either adrenal fatigue; or thyroid. But no matter the cause, she DESPERATELY needs your help in getting her to a doctor; a GOOD doctor; who will LISTEN to her AND to you. And who will take into account all of her physical symptoms, but also her mental and emotional state over say, the last six months; and will ask many questions about her life, fears, concerns, etc. She needs medical attention; but it seems to me that she may also be asking for some emotional help and support as well through all these things; especially by not eating.
If you go to church; maybe the Pastor's wife or some other woman could help her talk about things that she may feel uncomfortable talking about with you right now.
I pray that this issue gets resolved quickly and in the right way; for your daughter, and for you as well.

i think that ur daughter sounds like she has anorexia symptoms.
definitley get her to a pyshologist or family doctor that will listen like others have said.

second
shrunken stomach.
it happens n its painful.
sometimes i forget to eat and
when that happens to start eating normal portions again

start small
with saltines and liquids.
and light snacks/meals like a salad or a bowl of light soup or something.
or some fruit.

little snacks throughout the day will help your stomach return to its normal capacity therfore allowing you to eat normal portions again.

@ least thats what works for me.
=] hope it helps.

nite.

Hi first let me tell you that my 14 year old daughter has anorexia-we have been in thereapy for a year now-
From what I am hearing your daughter has a definite "eating disorder" and needs help immediatly!!!Medical doctors can be very "ignorant" when it comes to this--be careful(they are famous for just saying_"eat")
You will need to have her have a complete physical-to make sure all is well...then find a good therapist-
And i suggest as a mom do your research-get informed-i did and there was so much that i learned!She cant do it alone!!!
She needs as much support as possible-
Best Wishes to you and her--
T.

Is she using drugs? Regular marijana use can do that.

Mind you, I have very similar symptoms - I can't eat much, I don't eat proper meals and when I do eat, it's usually c**p like fast food. Now it has gotten to a point that I'm not eating anything (I've eaten once in the past 4 days), yet I'll still open my bowels 4 - 5 times a day, and i've been vomiting in the mornings, as well as suffering postural hypotension in the morning. No im not pregnant by the way, that I know for sure. It could be something as simple as her appitite went for a few months, or she was trying to loose weight, so now her body is in starvation mode - burning up fat, and not telling your body you need more fuel. If you dont eat for long enough, your body adapts and it is hard to get back into the habit of eating again. Take her to a doc, whats the worst that he could do really?

No, don't automatically think that she has an eating disorder. But it could be a problem.

I have this same problem, actually.

I'm 17 years old, and I barely weight 75 lbs. [I'm also 5 foot]
I feel like I eat the portion of an average three year old.
Just a couple of bites of food and I'm full.

and sometimes I can go all day without eating, and then my stomach
feels hard, and warm.

I don't know whats wrong with me..

I would just really like some help.

Don't attack her for maybe having an eating disorder. It'll make her more stressed and make it even harder to eat. For me, I've slipped into a very poor eating habit over the course of the last year I've eaten less and less, and now I can hardly eat. "just eat" is so hard to do, but it does help. I feel like I'm going to throw up when I force food into an empty stomach, but it's easier to eat when something is in there. Acids build up in your stomach, even more when you're stressed, so it's very difficult. Just ask her what she wants. ANYTHING. Junk food, whatever it takes for her to get something in her. Not everyone is always concerned about their looks that much, I'd rather eat more when stressed, than get even skinnier than I am now. Just go easy on her, you're worried that much about it, imagine how much she is? I like knowing my family cares, but when they get too involved, it makes me feel worse, like adds stress worrying about how worried they are. Just let her know if she feels she needs to go to the hospital, you're there for her. Stress does crazy things to the body, I really hope she gets better, it's nice to know it's a more common problem, and to not feel alone. I've been through many pains in my life, head and chin gashed open, 20-30stitches, but this is unique, and it hurts more than anything, a doctor can't force you to eat. Just be there for her and comfort her.

Hi Everyone My Name Is Danielle And I Have Anorexia And Have Had For About 2years Now And I Also Suffer With Anxiety Attacks Which I Am Currently Taking Prozak For But It Hasnt Worked One Little Bit And It Been 9weeks Now I Have A Physciatrist That I See Twice A Week I Only Eat In The Morning And Thats It I Cant Go Out As I Am Terribly Ill From This And I Have A Massive Phobia About Being Sick So Therfore When I Dont Eat For Ages I Feel Sick So I Think Well If I Eat Something It Will Make Me Sick I Am Fed Up Of Being Ill And Sitting In My Bedroom 24/7 I Cant Even Have A Job And Im 18Years Old Any Suggestions

Thanks x

My daughter has suffered with anorexia for eight years. She went into residential treatment 2 years ago and has maintained a healthy weight since then. She is still dealing with the mental part of this illness and sees a therapist. Don't give up hope. Get the right help. You are worth it!

hi

i dont eat and its purely becuase i dont get hungry. i do have depression but this is due to a c**p childhood.

does the fact tht im not hungry, and tht i dont eat mean i have an eating disorder? i mean i wud eat
but as i sed i dont get hungry and i cnt rlly afford food with my current situation. so i dont.

i dont feel like im missing out, i dont get angry, or have radical mood swings. im still the person everyonme knows me as.

but as i sed i dont eat.

wt do u think?

forreal I'm 14 years old (just turned) and I havent been eating right since November. I have MDD. but I can go at least 2 weeks without eating a single thing. everyone is worried about me but I dont get why i mean it seems pretty normal to me. but I have been informed my stomach shrunk. Im really confused becuz I eat less than I did before and like I cut myself so I probaly loose a lot of blood. I'm just wondering if anything bad could happren, like is it possible to not have a stomach?

Hi, I'm 20 and I've been on holiday for nearly two weeks in the south of france, my girlfriend dumped me nearly a week ago and i feel exactly the same way. I'm not thinking about her but for some reason i feel hunger pains in my stomach. I like the idea of eating food and normally I will eat anything. I'm not fussy I just eat when i'm hungry, but because of the stress I have no appetite left. I'm beginning to get over the stress slowly, I just try to eat more and more each time i can, and if it means i feel like im on the edge of vomitting then I will go and have a cold or tepid shower and it relaxes me. If you sit down in the shower its even more relaxing. I've thrown up every morning as soon as i get up because i can't stand laying down and falling in and out of sleep. you just need to relax and remember that your body is just a machine you have to keep in order. and if you're sick then you're sick what can you do. You can't just stop eating i know that

Guest wrote:

Thanks x

Im going through the exact same thing, doctors keep telling me theres nothing wrong, i dont think its anerexia but i cannot eat, have major anxiety and fear throwing up, and its stopping me from doing everything...!!!!! I need help.

I'd be worried about vibrating sensation. I had a friend with an eating disorder and that sensation was heart related..like fibrillations. She should see a doctor asap.