I started suffering constant nausea since christmas (1.5 months ago), vomiting at least 3 times a day. At first i figured it was a hangover, then some bug going around .. after 2 weeks i thought something really serious was wrong.

I went to a doctor in Dublin (where i live) and they gave me nothing except took blood and urine samples for tests : results of which im still waiting on (a month later!)

A week after visiting the GP above, i was in bulgaria ( i travel a lot ) and experienced a horrible panic attack while in a taxi. I was feeling nauseous, and did not want to throw up there and then - tried to hold it, ended up with a cold sweat, pins and needles all over, nervous twitching and feeling like i could not get any air - i thought i was having a heart attack! So i called a doctor to the hotel immediately, who thought it was 'all in my head' (though he didnt speak much english). again, nothing could be done ... and the feeling had long passed by the time he arrived (so my vitals were normal.. blood pressure etc).

I have never had panic attacks before, and i think the constant nausea has started to affect me mentally ... not wanting to be in places that i would not be able to throw up in.

The following day, i was in a car with a colleague starting out on a long car journey and threw up every few minutes ..., i had another panic attack and asked to go to the nearest hospital - which we did, and i was referred to a gastroenterologist after some basic tests (which were all 'normal' - again i was feeling normal by the time i arrived).

I was given an endoscopy - and they found stomach ulcers. Not speaking much english, they tried to explain 'a simple diet of dry toast and water' for a few days and a 3 week prescription for nexium and 5 weeks of motillium. I have stuck to 1 toast a day since. atleast 2 weeks.

That was a couple of weeks ago and im still constantly nauseous. I tried 'going home' today but could not make it back to the airport, returned to the hotel just 10 minutes out the door.

Though i am not as bad as i was, i guess the medication is working some what i still have particularly bad days (as today).

I want to see a doctor back in dublin, but given my last visit (and how useless they were) i dont know who to see. Its like the last doctor in Dublin didnt even believe i was constantly nauseous or something : leaving it at that and delaying test results for weeks!.

I am a 28 year old male, and have lost 10kg since christmas over this. I find it very difficult to eat much at all.

Anyway what im hoping to find here is other people who have experienced anything similar with stomach ulcers ?

As i am worried that maybe it is not the ulcer causing all this - that maybe i have an ulcer as a side effect of something else ?

If it is normal that an ucler does this, has anyone experienced it and is all this normal ? any advice ?

I feel totally destroyed by this - and being alone in a non-english speaking country isnt helping at all.

Alex.

Hello Alex

I had a similar problem for many many years and yes like you doctors and in my case counsellors too could not help me. I too was afraid to travel ( leave my home) in case I got stuck in trafiic . Whenever I am stuck in traffic, I get a panic attack ( most times) and my stomach plays up. I have to find a toilet.

In the end , I cured it with homoeopathy. Maybe you can find a homoeopath near you and see if they can help you. You have nothing to lose...it is very safe to take, no side effects etc. I am very happy with the results.

Good luck

Mohamed

do you understand what causes ulcers? - from what I understand the main cause is a bacteria known as helicobacter pylori - all of this is on wikipedia etc . you need to see a gastroentorologist as soon as possible to find out if you have this bacteria , bloodwork or stool sample. I think for ulcers it should be just a treatment of very heavy ant acids (proton pump inhibitors?) and something to treat the helicobacter infection if you have it. Make sure you get a full check up ,drink lots of water dont smoke dont eat or drink acidic,pro-biotic yogurt relax strength + healing everything will be OK

This message is coming so late, so I hope you still see this, Alex.  I just want to tell you that I had a very similar experience.  It was so frustrating.  And yes, I know now that peptic ulcers CAN and DO cause panic - it wasn't the other way around for me.  Once I got all healed up (it took 7 months), then I was normal and never had anxiety again.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I would like to read up on this because 6months ago I started having panic attacks and recently got diagnosed with a peptic ulcer 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hey Alex i asked same question and happened to see myself in this blog.... i have felt tha way twice, sometimes i fill i'm loosing it, i even get scared or have this ame feeling anytime i go to the kitchen, after eating or going outside esp at day.... but i prayed about it, and compared to my past sym[toms and all that i feel i can control myself.... twice i went to my doctor and he says i had panic attack, that i should see a pastor and asked what i was afraid of, i couldnt say.... and i did pray and GOD delivered me, even thou sometime the stupid thing brings negative thoughts in my head.... lol i dont think there is no body disease i have not had in my imaginations... my doctor said ulcer could cause panic cos of the burning sensation that give anxiety... i realised too that since i stopped eating spicy meal i have not had panic attack since then, even thou at times the stupid feelings (unexplainable) comes... just pray bout it.... try to get it off ur thought, thou i know it could be hard at a go... or see a therapy and try staying off spicy, acidic food and drinks.

Hi

I am going through the same thing right now . To the T .  I haven't had my docture help me any on this. He just wanted to put me on antidepressents .  So I am doing my on research on this and am convintes that it's an ulcer & thyroid promblem . I have been taking something natural for the thyroid . Which is helping . But I'm watching what I'm eating . The thyroid will mess up the stomach and bowels . So I believe it's 1 problem causing the second . Stay off of wheat product , Acidic food . But believe it or not, Cayenne peper water or sauce, Helps stimulate the blood circulation in the stomach so it heals faster . Aloevara juice is good to . Hope this helps ,

Alex,

I too suffer from ulcers. Just found out at the beginning of May. Since I was 16, my stomach used to kinda be sensitive to foods. Anytime I would eat, my stomach would hurt, i'd feel bloated, nauseated. My family Dr thought it would be good to put me on Valium. (not good) didn't help. I find that when i'm in a stressful situation or when things are bothering me internally...(car...job...money....boyfriend) I get stressed out. I still plan on having a colonoscopy to rule out Diverticulitis, and Crohns Disease. (dad has Diverticulitis) For now, I really try to keep my stress down. Anxiety is a killer. I have had skin cancer already, (at age 27) and since then, i keep telling myself that stress kills, and that I don't want to get cancer again. (any kind of cancer) I would talk to a DR about Protonix. I'm on it 2 times a day, and have had very little side effects, and seem to be able to eat more. I would suggest some CBT...find a hobby that makes you happy. The only think I can think about myself, is that stress is all over, and it's how you deal with it that is going to keep you healthy.

I also have severe panic attacks after being diagnosed with ulcers I have them from my throat thru my upper intestines. I've had a endoscopy and colonoscopy and I have a follow up endoscopy on Fri. I'm still sick. Bloody taste and still throwing up blood have been in ICU and had 3 pints of blood. They say its one of the worst cases they have seen. But thank God it's not cancer. I've had cancer three times. But I still am worried I am slowly dying with this. They have me on so much meds but nothing is helping. I had lost 45 lbs in a 2 month period. Stress is so bad. I'm doing the Aloe Vera juice too but I can't seem to get my strength back. I hope they find out what is wrong. I'm 36 and have 3 kids to raise but am scared to death of this.

Wow! I just read ur reply. Im heartbroken! My colonoscopy turned out perfect, and yet i can hardly eat anything without feeling sick. Achy sick. My dr put me on a FODMAP diet and i take Nexxium. I just turned 30. Its so sad to hear someone goibg through so much pain at such a young age. Trust me, i know. Most of my pain is stress related. I refuse to believe my uncle when he says that if ur stressed, its time to take away tge things that are causing it. I have no kids, and engaged, but ive had cancer too (3 years ago) i dont know what i would do if i was in ur shoes. Stressed or not, you will be in my prayers my friend. Hang in there.

PLEASE CONTACT ME I HAVE NEVER RELATED SO MUCH TO SOMEONE 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi suzane thanks for posting. what healed you? We cant email but pls share some light. Thanks!

I have 10 stomach ulcers diagnosed after endoscopy.
deep pain under belly button, waves of nausea.
Started Protonix today stopped coffee and cut down smoking, still have gut ache and some nausea. Sucks!

Hi. Ive been going through the same thing for close to a year now. Started almost the same as you, puking several times a day and panic attacks, and everybody basically telling me im crazy. Seen a gastroenterologist, got meds, its a slow fix but my anxiety and my ulcers DEFINITELY go hand in hand. Some days worse than others but no doubt the ulcers cause anxiety

Hi my name is Butch, 2 weeks of nausea accompanied by severe panic attacks. No nausea pill have worked and huge anxiety..started ant depressents 2 weeks ago not helping , just more nausea and panic