I had ptb scar on my lungs that always seen in my xray. My doctor told me that there`s no cure for that scar. He only gave me medical certificate tha stated that i am phisically fit to work abroad. My problem is if that medical certificate will be honored to my agency. That medical issue of mine already affect my work application at Dubai and they send me back here in philippines bcoz of my scar even i told them that im already treated. Please help me

Hi Lei,

Your doctor is correct.  There is no way to remove the scar.

It's just as if you burned yourself and got a scar.  The tissue in your lungs has been damaged and scarred.

Talk to your employer.  You are NOT the only person that has scarring from PTB.

Good luck.

Hi medic-dan, Thank you for your quick response. I just also want to know if the waiver from the medical provider will honor in taiwan? Becoz there`s also a seperate medical examination in taiwan.. I had a second thought now if im going to continue my application. I dont want to waste my time and money to nothing.

I can't answer those questions. I'm US based.

Hi, i was shocked when i was diagnosed with mibimal ptb last dec.2016.
I didnt show any signs and symptoms of ptb AT ALL except for my + chest x-ray.
My doctor says probably i was exposed to an environment where there is an active tb.
I took my tb meds religiously (everyday at the same time as instructed) for 6months.
During my first 3 months pf treatment, the scar on my right lungs surprisingly got a little smaller. (My doctor initially said it was a scar)
I was really amazed about the result.
I was even more surprised few weeks before i finish my last tab of medication, i had a confirmatory xray (apicolordotic view /front chest x-ray) and showed CLEAR LUNGS..
And to think i was pregnant the whole course of my treatment.
Do help me pray for me and my baby ( to be healthy).
Thank you. :)

There is no scars left on your lungs?