Hi Everyone,

I just received my Annual PE today and our company nurse require me to request a new Chest Xray. I have checked the Chest Xray and description shows "SUSPICIOUS DENSITIES UPPER RIGHT LOBE", heart and others are normal. The radiologist encircled a part of the Xray where the density was located.

I had a PTB on the upper right lobe which was found last March 2009, and I have undergone medication for 6months + 2 vaccine for the lungs (antibacterial and protection). After 6months of medication, my pulmonologist advised me that I am fit to work. I asked him if the spots on my lungs will disappear, and he told me that it will decrease in visibility.

Then now I just got another Xray result that i have a "Suspicious Densities on Upper Right Lobe", which was the same spot where i had a PTB. They require me to have an apicolordotic view.

FYI, I have not been coughing nor getting sick (related to respiratory) after finishing my medication. My question is, was the suspicious density be another problem in my upper lobe? or even worse? Or is it the scar left from the PTB I had last 2009? Do I need to get medication again? by the way, I am still smoking, average of 5 sticks of cigar per day.

Please advise what to do or do I have to inform the radiologist?pulmonologist before having an apicolordotic view?

Thanks!

Hi Metusaleya,

The apicolordotic view is a way to see the top, apices, of your lungs better.

The spots on your lungs are still there.  As your prior pulmonologist indicated they decrease but they do remain. 

Another doctor seeing these spots may assume that you have PTB, not knowing it was treated.  You need to refer this to your prior pulmonologist for follow up as they have your history. 

While it is possible you have another infection, let your previous pulmonologist make those decisions.  Another doctor may just start over from the beginning, including the treatment.

Good luck.

Thank you!

I will just go to my previous pulmonologist and show the Xray film for review or present my old and new Xray film on the new pulmonologist.

how can scar be treated? coz everytime i undergo XRay this always the result i get. "unfit to work" which there is no sign of PTB ..

Hi Lierig,

The scars in your lungs, much like scars on your skin, will always remain.

You need to stay in contact with your pulmonologist and refer any future testing to them.

Hi All,

I got the same result from my APE three months ago in the company I'm working with and have the same condition mentioned by metusaleya above except for two things:

1. That I have never had PTB before and this is the first time that my chest x-ray result shows such description over the course of my working career.

2. I don't smoke and never intend to get into that habit.

I was referred by our company doctor to visit a specialist and so I did. According to the specialist doctor, I have latent TB or LTBI. He was open to explain this further but he inquired if I already did made my research on the internet which I told him I did. I was also advised to undergo 6 months medication to which I am now undergoing. Sputum samples came out negative. Got x-rayed again after two months with the same resulting description. I'll be having my apicolordotic view probably taken this week.

This is very surprising for me to take into account. I regularly take vitamins and other supplements for years prior to this finding to boost my immune system and get regular exercise in the gym every other day or if time permits as my work sometimes demand some more time from me.

My question now are:

1. Would it still require from me to undergo another chest x-ray after my six-month medication?

2. Should the same description occur, must I go another round of medication even I just finished the previous six-months?

3. Would this 'suspicious densities' become eventually a scar after my medication? or would remain as 'suspicious densities' on the  result on my APE next year?

4. Will this 'suspicious densities' fade over the years or remain as a mark (like a scar or haze)?

By the way, please send your reply to my email address aside from here. I'll appreciate it much your response and advice.

Thanks!

Hi mam...........
my chest x-ray is pass to apicolordotic view.What is the nxt step...???TY

Once youve got a tb,it leaves an annoying scar,thats why i have search for some remedy,and i saw serrapeptase,it helps to heal lung scar,do some research bout that supplement,hope it will help...

Good day! What does this Xray finding mean: Residual fibrosis is seen in right upper lobe" ? I was suggested for repeat Xray (apicolordotic view). Is this something serious?

does your lung scars gone? 
thank you

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi!
I just received my annual PE yesterday, and it says that "there are suspicious densities in my right apex and it also suggested to undergo for an apico-Lordico view.

But they find that my heart is not enlarged and the rest of the visualized structures are unremarkable. What does it mean? Thank you in advance.

hi everyone,

can i ask?
What is the meaning of this result,Suspicious densities are seen in the right apex.
The heart is not enlarged.
The rest of the included structures are unremarkable.

Impression: Deferred,suggest apicolordotic view.

Hi
I have chest x-rays at two times the result of my first chest x-ray is suspicious opacities are seen in right the upper lungs and my second result is suspicious densities at both upper lungs,lordotic is suggested and my heart are not enlargement and other are normal.What could does it mean?please reply as soon as possible

Good day!I had my x ray and it states that there is suspicious density in the right upperlobe region.Everything are normal but the doctor recommend apicolordotic view.I did the repeat x ray and it states normal heart and lungs radiographically and it was written in bold letters but below the signature of the radiologist there was a statement that "This report is based only on radiographic interpretation.Clinical correlation is suggested.What does it mean?I was worried about this and on having illness because i am a solo parent and i work hard for my family and aiming for promotion in my work.I have a fear the agency do not sign my Form 211 because of this.I am looking for your immediate reply..GOD BLESS YOU .

I am not smoking but I have a finding that I have linear densities in the upper right lobe fibrosis from previous PTB infection