my xray results includes . fibrohazed opacities are noted in upper lobes. both upper lobes tb . what does it mean . how can i cure this . does it mean im not fit to work .

Hi Barbie,

It means you need to speak with your doctor/pulmonologist.

Fibrohazed opacities are areas on the x-ray that appear "cloudy."  They should not be there.  From the film they appear to be "fibrous" in nature, it can indicate scar tissue.  This can indicate a past or present infection including the possibility of PTB.

You'll need more testing.

Good luck.

Is that possible to cure by anti biotic..and what testing to be done?

They need to determine what is causing the densities. If it is an infection, possibly PTB, then an antibiotic will help. The scarring will remain however. Just like when you cut your skin, damage to the lungs produces scar tissues.

Antibiotics are "targeted" for specific infections. If it is an infection you need the right antibiotic.

You need sputum tests, possibly even a biopsy. Skin tests may also be required.

Medic-Dan please answer the question on my wall asap

Post your question here. I don't do Facebook.

It's on my steady health page. Click on my profile, I started a new topic

Hi sir..doctor said its tb and i talk to him i never been sick..and he gave me clarythromycin anti biotic for 7 days is it would help me... thank u sir for ur comment.

This is my xray result ...Findings:redemonstrate are ill-defined opacities in the left upper lobe which appear stable versus slightly increase. Theres is now subtle increase opacity in the right infrahiliar region as well. Impression:essentially stable versus worsened left uper lobe infiltrate.possible developement of right lower lobe infiltrate. Corrolate with clinical and laboratory findings as regards follow up. Then the clinic send me for pulmo consult...the doctor said TB but im not feeling sick anymore i do gym workout everyday.. last 2014 also i had like this xray but there is some increase..the doctor gave inti biotic for seven day.. im affraid about this..your answer is highly appreciated..thank you..

Hi Ronel,

Clarithromycin alone is not used to treat TB. It is used to treat pneumonia and similar diseases. There are benefits to using clarithromycin with OTHER TB fighting drugs.

I'm curious as to why your doctor prescribed it. The dosage is correct.

Hi sir.. im sure that the doctor is not really sure if this is tb..he did not yet give me testing or something that to prove this is tb or what ever.. may be it is just some infection.. if u were my doctor sir what should i do? Pls help me sir..thank u very much..

If I was your doctor I'd be doing more testing, such as a sputum analysis, before prescribing an antibiotic.

Antibiotics are great but they really need to be matched to the infection. Giving the wrong antibiotic can make some diseases more difficult to treat. Since your doctor did say "TB" then he must be aware that drug resistant TB is on the rise.

The big issue with Clarithomycin is that it is a "narrow spectrum" antibiotic. It's meant to target specific diseases - you need to identify the disease before prescribing.

There are "broad spectrum" antibiotics work against a wider range of infections.

Many thanks sir.. ah sir if the air or cold came inside your body is that visible in the xray.. i really thank u to sir.. god bless u.

Air won't show in the x-ray. A cold is usually upper respiratory - sinuses, etc. No. It would need to be something like pneumonia to show in the lungs.

Hi sir..just in case i take those testing and the result all negative... and the spot on my xray are the same.. so what is that thing in my lungs? Thank u sir...