Good day!!!!

Im 24 years old i had my PTB since 18years old and i took 6 months medication for my illness...i dont smoke nor drink liquor but this year i had my X-ray to check if im already "TB" Free but the result of my X-ray states that:

Suspicious small, small nodular infiltrates at the epical and subepical areas, bilaterally..

Remarks: Suggest Apico-Lordotic View, for further evaluation

I am curious to know if  i am already ok . or it is going serious...if the radiologist suggest Apico-Lordotic View of my lungs that it means what???????? thank you for your time reading and considering my question hope i can get some info from yours...but i will see my doctor soon Im just worried about my health Godbless always

Hi Guest,

The radiologist just wants to see these areas from a different angle.  By itself it doesn't mean anything has changed.  You have PTB in your history so there is likely some scarring.

Hope it helps.

heloo.i haf my xray for 2times. always remarks is minimal ptb,undetremine activity..then ill go to doctor to ask about this kind of result then the doctor required me to check my sputum 3times and the result is negative,,but i stil required myself to go in treatment by taking medicine called refampicin in 6 months..then after that i took medicine..after 4 months of taking medicine i tried to have another  xray to just check my health..then the result is..apicolordotic view is suggest for further evaluation..is it means that i improve my health(lungs) after taking medicine?or it makes my health worst?.is it 100percent ill be cured in 6 months of taking medicine?ur reply is much appreciated..thanks

Hi Ric,

The problem is that the scarring in your lungs is permanent. It will never disappear. Some forms of PTB are resistant to drugs as well.

You might consider a second opinion.

what does it mean?am i not will cured even i complete my treatment in 6months of taking medicine..the result in my xray will stil thesame?

IS IT MEAN ILL NOT BE CURED even i will complete my 6months of taking medicine?omj..the result will still the same..

Sometimes fit and addiction free people are also being a patient your problem is minor do not take tension at all...

It does not mean that you will be cured of the disease, assuming you have PTB. But, the scarring WILL remain.

Like a bad burn, you will have scars.

Hi, if you've got a chronic allergic rhinitis, will these suspicious density also appear on xray?

Rhinitis, an inflammation of the mucous linings of the nose would not require an apicolordotic view. This view is for the tops of the lungs.
Any x-ray would have difficulty resolving rhinitis. Due to the bone surrounding the sinus cavities they are much harder to image clearly than the lungs.

Hi, my husband's exray result states that, there is a suspicious densities at the upper right lung? I am not sure what it is and it is recommended to have a apicolordic view. Is this something that we need to be affraid? Because i feel afraid for him because i love him and i dont want to let him feel that he is sick

Hi Tal,

The apicolordotic view focuses more on the tops, the apex, of the lungs. Sometimes they just can't tell what they're seeing from the standard view. While cause for concern at this point it could be minor artifacts. Make sure he gets the other view done soon.

So it means there is no chance to heak his illness?

I mean heal his illness?

There may not be anything wrong yet Guest (if you're Tal). They want another x-ray view to find out.