My father got his xray result just now. An examination on his Chest PA. And the impressions were: Bilateral PTB, Concurrent Pneumonia, and Atheromatous Aorta. Can someone please explain to me what is Bilateral PTB? And Concurrent Pneumonia? 

Hi Guest,

Your father has pulmonary tuberculosis, in both lungs.  He also has pneumonia - at the same time (concurrent).

You didn't ask but the atheromatous aorta is a swelling in the aorta (the main blood vessel).  It's composed of fats, calcium, and other products in the blood.

Hope it helps.

Can primary PTB cured?how to prevent this kind of sickness..please I need more information about this disease because my son diagnos his xray just like this a primary PTB bilateral...

PTB can be treated but any scarring will remain.

Your son will be on very strong antibiotics. He needs to see his doctor for treatment.

my son is 2 years old and he takes chest PA and the impression is primary, PTB, bilateral, what does it means?

Chest PA is a chest x-ray posterior to anterior, back to front.
Primary PTB means Pulmonary Tuberculosis, a lung infection. It's bilateral, on both sides.

They may order additional x-ray views to further resolve this. Antibiotics are the treatment for PTB.

Hope it helps.

Can i Ask More Something ? In My Cousins X-ray Result . It Said Inhomogenous opacities are seen in both lung fieldsAnd PTB,Bilateral, Etensive, But I Don't  Really know What Is The Meaning of that ... :( 

HI Yurihwa,
Opacities are "shadows" on the x-ray. Inhomogenous means they aren't uniform - more of a patchy nature.

PTB Bilateral means Pulmonary Tuberculosis, both lungs.

Check with your doctor. Good luck.

my doctor prescribed me medicine to take daily in two months, are there vitamins or fruits that can help? is ptb bilateral can infect my companion in the house?

A well balanced diet, including fruits and vitamins can help. PTB can be contagious. It is usually spread by person-person contact. Coughing can spread the disease.
But, in GENERAL terms, in most healthy people the immune system will fight off the infection. You are also being treated, so the infection will be decreasing.
Check with your doctor for specifics.

my doctor prescribed to take Myrin P Forte. While he was writing the prescription, he was telling me to take 4 tablets daily in 2 months.
i was already in the drug store when I noticed that what is written in the prescription is 60 tablets, take 4 tablets daily. when I computed it, it's only last in 15 days. My question is, did my doctor got mistakes, instead of writing 60 days, he wrote 60 tablets?

15 days would be very short. 60 is more common. Perhaps you are to refill it?
Check with the doctor. I'm not familiar with that medication and it is not in my US drug reference.

MY X-RAY RESULT IS..

*PTB BILATERAL, CANNOT RULE OUT MILIARY SPREAD..

*PLEURODIAPHRAGMATIC ADHESION, RIGHT

*PLEURAL THICKENING VERSUS MINIMAL PLEURAL EFFUSION, LEFT.

I WANT FURTHER EXPLAINATION..

MY DOCTOR ADVICED ME TO TAKE MYRIN P FORTE 2 TABLETS 2X A DAY 30 MINS. BEFORE MEAL..

IS THIS A SERIOUS DESEASE.?

IS THIS CAN AFFECT PEOPLE IN OUR HOUSEHOLD.?

PLS HELP ME..

THANK YOU SO MUCH..

I AM HOPING FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE

Hi Guest, You have pulmonary tuberculosis in both lungs. Miliary TB indicates that it has possibly spread to other organs.

The pleura is one of two membranes surrounding the lungs. It has adhered (stuck) to your diaphragm on the right side.

The pleura has thickened and minimal pleural fluid on the left.  Pleural fluid helps separate the membranes and keeps them from "sticking."

Yes it is serious. Yes it can affect other members of your family.

Myrin P Forte is a standard treatment.

You NEED to see your doctor or a pulmonologist to get this treated ASAP. Scarring from PTB will always remain - you don't want it to worsen. Good luck.

MY SON IS ALSO HAVE PRIMARY PTB ,BILATERAL.. HIS XRAY SAY'S CHEST APL? 

Defined densities are noted both infrahilar areas with hilar lymphadenopathies..,,

is it bad? i im worried ..