Hi, I'm an 18 year old uncircumsized male. The tip of my penis (right where the urine comes out) is like red and swollen..it looks like the opening has like a bright red spot on it. It causes no pain really but I am really embarrassed and worried to ask anybody about it!!! Please help!!!!

Hi Lester! OK lets get the big question answered first OK? Are you sexually active OR have been sexually active and EVER had unprotected sex of any kind?

hey lester,

how long have you noticed this? it is most likley a normal part of your anatomy. because i cant see it i cant tell you for sure but most tips of penisis to have a small "puffy" red apearance. but just like labia and penis size shape and color, the tip also varies from person to person.

it is improtant to let us know if you have ever had any type of unprotected sex so we can rule out any STD's

thanks

Thankyou for your quick replies. In answer to your question I have never had sex before.. I am a virgin.

well then rule out STD's 8-| it is most likeyl just a normal variation of the male human anatomy :-)

Sorry Bio I have to disagree! Lester, I think you have a UTI - Urinary Tract Infection - When anything is red and swollen that is an infection! So what I would like you to do is go and ask for a urine test, see what that says, then IF you feel comfortable enough ask the doctor just to take a look at it! IF you don't, you can get Polysporin cream and put that on the spot, wash the area with a nonscented non soap cleanser! And then put the cream on ALL the time till it clears up! Let me know what the test says OK? ALSO don't wear tight underpants or jeans - this will cause rubbing on the area and keep the area too moist! Good luck and health honey!

your right stupid my i guess it COULD be an infection. get a urinalysis done but also does it cause you any pain or does it itch. howlong have you noticed it and have you had a fever.

let us know what you find out good luck....

Sorry, but getting checked out is important. It could be any number of infections, sexually transmitted or not. You might need a medicated cream to resolve it. Don't be embarrassed -- this is what doctors are for! If it turns out to just be skin irritation from aggressive masturbation/sex, using more lube and moisturizing daily (with a penile lotion like Man1 Man Oil) could be the ticket. But seriously, get checked out in case something more is needed.