I have these red spots on the head of my penis and under the foreskin. The other day it was itchy but now there is no itching but it still has these spots. Any ideas on what it could be? I have changed the shower gel im using could it be a reaction to that?

Are you sure you are telling everything? Have you been on antibiotics recently? If yes, what kind? Have you used male enhancement drugs like viagra? Have you had an STD?

I am having same symptoms as original post. It goes away and comes back approx once per month. Very itchy when it comes back, but usually only one day. I don't have an STD, since Ive been last checked, same partner since that time. No penile pills or enhancers or anything. Normal? Probably not, STD? Maybe. Do you know? Answer, please.

I had the same thing and didn't know how to get rid of it. At the time of my previous post I was still struggling with it. Same symptoms as you described: red spots that go away and come back, at times itchy. So, eventually I went to my doctor and was tested for all the possible STDs one can get tested for - all clear. Doctors diagnosis was Balanitis - caused by Candida albicans fungus. He suggested taking two showers a day until it is completely clear and prescribed over the counter Lotrimin AF (you'll find it in "athlete's foot" section) twice a day. Another reinforcement would be taking a vacation and swim in an ocean (water rich in salt) for a week. Apparently, helps to re-establish the bacterial/fungal balance.

Some things to remember: Once you got the fungus it stays there until completely destroyed to the last fungal spore. Your immune system fights it, but at the times when the immune system is weaker (cold weather, lack of sunlight and vitamin D, lack of nutritious food etc.) it starts to come back because the fungus had never been completely destroyed.

Also, if your girlfriend has been experiencing a painful intercourse and she is not as wet as she used to be it means you both have it. Obviously, both of you should be treated at the same time, otherwise you may be passing it back and forth. That's how it was happening with me and my girlfriend.

Good Luck! It's nothing that you can't conquer. Let me know how it goes. I'll check back in a month or so.

Hi, I noticed the same today on my penis' head. I am on antibiotics since the last 9 days... is this a possible side effect?

I'm having the same problem. I'm waiting to go into the Dr.'s office this week to see what he says. I however, do take Vardinafil which is Lavitra. Does this have anything to do with it?

Guest wrote:

im 17 n I have these red spots on the head of my penis and under the foreskin. The other day it was itchy but now there is no itching but it still has these spots. Any ideas on what it could be? I have changed the shower gel im using could it be a reaction to that?

hi i also have this itchyness but i found out that it was caused by the antibiotics i was on,

doc said best way is to clean it and use an antifungal cream (athletes foot type of cream does the tric) yes fight it even when u think its gone cause trust me i had it for like 2 months came and went n came n went, so swim in the ocean everyday after work n give ur head a good scrubbing then put on the cream, after a month or so *since its been itchy* you can stop treatment, (washing n swiming) and proceed with normal life,

btw i think its called a yiest infection in woman.... after some reading i think its similar... anyway

dont be worried, ur lill man wont fall off :) :P

[hi i have red spots on the head of my penis and theyr abit sore and ichy i havnt had sex so its not std im rely scard about it im takin antibiotics for a insect bite so i thought it could be coza tha but im not sure im to nervus to tell my parents and dont realy wanna c a doc coz its imbaracing wat can i do?

I also am uncircumsized i also get red rash on the tip of my penis, i went to the doc, and he sead it was fungus . i was not happy that he sead it was fungus how can you get fungus on your penis well after going threw all std's and others i finaly. understood that the docktor was right ofcoures and i was wrong it was fungus .

After reading that, i'm very thankful!

I'm 14, and thought that it may have been something bad, do i have to use the creams? Or will it just go after washing for a long time, or washing in a bath with salt water...?

I am having the same recurring rash on penis and foreskin, it happen after sex or other friction, is this also Balantis

hi im 17 have red spots/ rashyness and a slight burning feeling on the head of my penis and theyr abit sore im uncircumcised n i havnt had sex b4 so its not std im rely scard about it im no takin antibiotics im to nervus to tell my parents and dont realy wanna c a doc coz its imbaracing wat can i do? what is it? it just appeareded afta masturbation.

Hi, i just found the red spots on the head of my penis and started to freak out right away it hasnt been itchy tho but it sounds like the same thing you guys are experiencing and thanks for the tips cause im headin to the beach for a week so i hope it helps take care of it... thanks guys you saved me from freakin out haha

%-)
see i have the same thing almost. i googled and this page came up
i read everything but with mine im just concerent because its there
and i want to know what it is. i have one small red dot. and if i scratch it
to take it off its comes off as a scab its very small and there is just one.
its on the head . its not itchy its just there...