I have a daughter who is 15 and she had her first period few months ago. After this, we waited for three moths for the next one. I worried about her, and I took her to the doctor. He prescribed her some triphasic birth control pills. I was terrified, but he told me that is going to regulate her periods, so I want to hear if that is true.

Triphasic birth control pills are any kind of different brand names for the same kind of those. It refers to birth control pills in which there are three different phases. This means there are different amounts of progestin, three exactly, during each month. Sometimes, different amounts of estrogen in each phase could be noticed. I really do not understand why you are surprised so much, because this is not rare. Birth control pills are not just pregnancy prevention, but hormonal therapy also. It could be used for treatment of acne, ovarian cysts, irregular periods, and many other disorders. Although, I think your daughter is still young to expect regular periods. That is commonly reported, and my opinion is that each girl should wait some time before taking pills to regulate menstrual bleeding. You could talk to her doctor once again, telling him she has just started ovulate and maybe her organism need just a little bit more time to fix this problem.

I have a question after this problem. My wife, she has a same problem. she gets her menstrual period sometimes after 3 month, sometimes after 4 months and sometimes after 5 months, Its so weird, . She says that its happening since her first menstrual cycle when she was around 14 year . now she is 23 and she still have a irregular period. Last month i took her to the doctor, and doctor gave her a birth control pill. she took a birth control pill for 4 month and she have a regular period. but after that she thought that she going to have regular period and she quit taking birth control pill and after she stopped taking those pill, she continue to have irregular period. So i need to know how long those pills need to be consumed?. do she need to take those pill for ever? .