I have been using birth control pills for last three years. Now I want to stop with these so I have some questions. First, how long I should wait until I became pregnant. One friend of mine told me it is possible to develop some withdrawal effects, so I want to know if that is true. How long my body needs to come back to normal hormonal production after I stop use Pills.

As much as we know, it is usually needed between one and three months for your body to begin producing its own hormones. During this time, your menstrual cycle will return to the type of cycle it was before taking birth control pills. This means, if your periods were irregular before you began taking birth control pills, you will again have irregular periods. If you had regular periods, you will return to the regular cycle. Any increased cramping or bleeding will not happen as withdrawal effect by going off the pill. It is simply your body going back to its previous state, which is probably some kind of shock. Women reported different side effects after discontinuing use of the birth control pills. As I said, it may take a few months for your body to return to normal hormone production. Anyway, you may possibly be able to get pregnant during your first pill free cycle. Then you will probably notice first pregnancy signs, and you should not mix them with withdrawal effects.