i have been on risperidone i cant seem to get any emotions or my sex drive back how long does these side effects last i have been off of this bad drug.... i was using it for 1 and half month... 

I dont know.. my life is ruined by antipsychotics too, stopped taking them like 8 months ago and still dont feel a damn thing and my personality is erased. I havent lost completely my faith because of the neuroplasticity theory which states that neurons can recover in a period of time if you "excercise them" like forcing yourself to do stuff

are you taking any supplements ... how long did you take risperidone or antipsychotics but did you get your sex drive back

Im taking some magnesium but not every day. I took zyprexa for 2 months and I dont have any problems with the sex drive, just feeling emotionally dead and nothing gives me pleasure anymore

so when u have sex u still feel the sex feeling the pleasure cuz i still get hard n but dont have the emotionall feel too they say u should take 5htp what do u think

I am the same, still getting hard but dont have the emotional feel.Never tried 5htp, why should i take it?

well i have been searcing it up and it says it gives you more dopamine and thats what makes you sleep better think better plus make you feel pleasure ... have you also noticed that your sperm count is low and somtimes if u jerk off or somthing and not give your self rest of jerking you start getting wet sperm come out ... i think u should try spectrum it has all the vitamins including magnesium

nope havent noticed that.Im looking forward into trying spectrum, thanks

what is that hey did u ever check ur h levels my doc checked mine and said they are not low enough so they did not do anything u think my levels will decrease or keep increasing

Risperdone attaches to and inactivates your 5h-ht7 receptors. you an reverse this and reactivate them with clozapine or mesulurgine. after you dose with those take 5htp that you can get otc from a pharmacy

clozapine and mesulurgine can reactivate the h5-ht7 receptors take 5htp shortly before and after

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20827463 here is the link to the study also you shoul take omega 3s nicotinic acid or capsaisin for circulation during and 5htp you will come out of it. hope this helps

New Member
1 post

Hello everyone ! My name is nick and I too have suffered from zombie-like effects from Risperdal. I was given it due to an anxiety attack and have suffered quite a bit from its effects. after quite a bit of research online, I've found that a lot of people suffer from lasting side effects from this drug, sometimes lasting years. If you or a loved one has been prescribed off-label an antipsychotic and feel as if your suffering for long-term after discontinuation, help me speak up! Email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private e-mails is not allowed *** *** all questions should be discussed on our website *** Please read our Terms of Use. I want to interconnect those who have been affected as to see how many of us there are and if together we can do something about it.