To start off I feel Completely paranoid and anxiety has been terrible I feel unmotivated to do anything and my life has been complete mood swings . I have been having intrusive thoughts and I just want this to stop. I been smoking pot for 2 years . Im 18 now and It has done more harm then good. I freak out whenever I smoke it now. Im paranoid in public, I doubt everything about myself I am on day 3 of not smoking. Will I ever feel normal when the Thc leaves my system? Am I going crazy? Im experiencing strange thinking patterns , weird sensations on top of my head, denationalization,  avoiding most social situations and delusions . I want to know what thoughts you may have experienced when withdrawing from pot and how long is this going to take until i feel back to the calm me? 

it takes time to get back to your normal self man. stop hangin with people who do it and exercise..take up a new hobbie and live without weed for a while and u will be ur self again.  it obviosly pretty good weed if it makes u paranoid with anxiety,lol,,been there  before..if u cant stop only have a puff no more..in my opinion u are better off without the weed and will progress further in life without it.. havent bin doin it to long but being 18 you will have to learn how to function without it i mean your day to day activities without weed man..good luck and take care.

Hey Danny, I have been going through the same things as you, literally for the past three months. You will start to feel better, but it may or may not go away for some time. The intrusive thoughts and delusions might go hand in hand by the way, what i mean is that they may be the one and the same thing. If you are able to rationalize the delusions than they are not delusions most likely, they are thoughts that people tend to get when they get off smoking for a long time. you think abnormally, abstractly when you're high, but now that you're not high your brain is still thinking in that manner, so its probably thinking wtf, im crazy. your social anxiety will most likely start going away little by little, if you were pretty social before. I was a mess socially when i first quit. I have had headaches, "delusional" thoughts, derealization, extreme anxiety and terrible mood swings,  feeling that im going crazy and that im schizophrenic, when its probably really intense ocd that ive developed, and odds are thats probably what you most likely have, as well as intense anxiety. If you were a chronic smoker, which it sounds like you were, this is going to take time get rid of, i am hoping. I dont want to live with these terrible thoughts all of my life, or with questioning my reality and my sanity. Most importantly, tell your friends and your family about this, the people that love and care about you. Its hard to see but they will be the biggest support you will ever have, as well as God if you believe. This will be the cheesiest thing but there a line in a song by The Killers that i hope you might take to heart. "When you can't hold on, hold on." You will be alright danny. One love.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Feel free to e-mail me if you want dude, i'll try to be as helpful as I can.

Also, go seek help from a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. It would be wise to tell them about everything, and be as honest as you can so they can help you get through the reasons you continued to smoke as well as everything you didn't fully process in all your months while being high. Also someone who is experienced in substance abuse as well as having lots of years under his or her belt.